Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Sam Hill Impacts…
  • Northwind

Is it just me that thinks it’s funny that they’ve given up on trying to get Sam Hill to wear his current signature model VXI, so now they’re making him a new old Impact? Looks alright- like an improved Impact, which is all anyone really wanted.

THE FUTURE IS:

(related news; they’ve also retained the old Freerider, and introduced a new variant based on the old model. So I reckon they’ve realised the new sole’s divisive. This is the only way I’ll ever be like Sam Hill 🙂 )

nickc

Yes, lovely. It still looks a bit “special” doesn’t it.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Not tried the new version, but I’m currently running an old pair of Sam Hills and they’re the best biking show I’ve used. Also have a pair of the 2nd Gen Impacts from 2007(ish) and I think next week will be their final Alps trip as they’re fairly worn out and now basically my spare wet weather shoe.

All I want them to do is make the old Sam Hill and Impacts less absorbent and I’ll be a happy man.

Also have a pair of Greg Minnaar SPD shoes I got off eBay for £20 and they’re doing well, but get less use. Also 5:10 don’t have the cleat holes far enough back for my liking and unlike the Shimano DX shoes you can’t just drill/dremel the slots further back (Fabian Barel how to video available online).

Tom KP

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

Yes, lovely. It still looks a bit “special” doesn’t it.

not as special as the ones featured on dirt…

chakaping
    Free Member

That one looks like a child’s shoe made bigger. Odd.

Northwind

The Dirt shoe… Not sure how good an idea is to put D30 etc in the sole, seems to lead down the same path as the VXIs possibly. They say it adds grip by taking away impacts but if it reduces feel that’s no use. Interesting but I can’t see me spending £190 or whatever it is to try. Great that someone’s pushing the “flat shoes for all conditions” thing, it just seems obvious. Five Ten went for it a bit with the Elements lines but they really don’t do the job, they’re just less bad than normal five tens. Sombrio did it apparently by mistake with the shazam but it doesn’t have as good a sole.

Speeder

I’ve got the old white ones and they’re the best biking shoe I’ve had though they are reserved for dry and dusty days.

Considering a set of the new Freerider Contacts as they look great IMHO.

Those new OWN shoes sound great but not sold on the looks yet.

andybrad

got both the old impacts and the new ones.

the old ones are much bettererer imo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Sam Hill Impacts…’ is closed to new replies.