Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Rockshox – no idea
  • fatmountain
    Free Member

Hi all,

Just had a mad frantic rush fitting replacing my stock rigid forks with a new pair or Rebas. Realised you have to (?) inflate them? Straight from the box is this necessay? I was hoping to go on a test ride tomorrow – nothing too serious though. But was worried – are they ‘inflated’ from the factory? My handpump does not have a pressure gauge… is it ok just to go ahead?

kiksy
    Free Member

Pretty sure most shocks/forks don’t come with any air in from the factory. Plus you need to set it to your weight otherwise it’s likely they will ride horribly.

Most Rockshox have an air/weight chart on the leg.

mashr

You’ve bought a fork with an air spring, you need to a shock pump to setup the spring to your weight. No I wouldn’t trust whatever random pressure they’ll have in them from the factory

fatmountain
    Free Member

OK guess I’ll have to shoot past the LBS on the way to Wales tomorrow.

Thanks!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Wait you haven’t done a lower leg service?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not a shock pump in the box?

matt_outandabout

You will need a proper shock pump to fettle pressures long term.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Always worth putting some oil in the lowers before riding them.

breadcrumb

^This. Or at least give them a service ASAP. Rockshox are notoriously tight when it comes to oil in the lowers. My Pikes had barely any lubrication from new.

TheGingerOne

I’m confused that you have the know how to fit a suspension fork, but appear not to have a shock pump or know that you have to set them to the correct pressure etc?

Did a shop install them and not ask your weight to roughly set the pressure?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Rockshox – no idea’ is closed to new replies.