Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New Rock Albums …..
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

“Colorado”..Neil Young & Crazy Horse
    Initial reaction is that I’m disappointed ..its a bit ” soft ” for a ” Crazy Horse ” album but it might grow..
    “High Water 2” The Magpie Salute
    The follow up to High Water1…only had one quick play through and pretty much along the same lines as the first offering which I liked ..
    “Old Lions Still Roar”..Phil Campbell (ex Motorhead ) ..his first solo album but with a helluva ” featured ” guest list …it rocks like a bastard son 😉..really liked it on first play ..
    Anything out there you’ve been listening to that I should try ..?

johnw1984
    Free Member

Alter Bridge have just released their new one, Walk The Sky. Only had one listen so far, but I’m a bit of a fan of the band so I like it already.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I loved “Blackbird” as an album ..but over the years I’ve really come to find Myles Kennedys vocals very irritating and “whiney”..and can’t understand the respect he gets as being a great singer ..
    But if you’re a fan then who am I to knock him ..I do like Tremonti’s guitar work though ..
    Have you got tickets to see them ..?

johndrummer
    Free Member

New Model Army’s latest, “From Here” is worth a listen. Very different from their earlier stuff, but very good nonetheless.

They’re on tour round Europe right now

zippykona

All aboard the skylark. Hawkwind . First listen but sounds like a corker.

Seed by Freedom to Glide.

Might I suggest you tune in to radio Caroline tomorrow from 6 as it’s their album chart. Loads of great new music on there.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Cheers for that ..unfortunately I will probably be working and have n means of listening…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

All aboard the skylark. Hawkwind

Seeing some variation of them in Basingstoke soon.

“Colorado”..Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Still enjoying Paradox with Neil and Promise of the Real.

zippykona
    CountZero

Opeth’s new one, “In Cauda Venenum” is very good, although it’s rather prog style may not appeal to those who like the early black metal albums.
    Looking forward to their Bristol gig on Sunday.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

All aboard the skylark. Hawkwind

null

That’s not rock’n’roll, it thinks it is, but it isn’t.

And whilst I’m at it, Pink Floyd were **** as well.

taxi25
    Free Member

I was going to post on this thread but as this is the tone.

And whilst I’m at it, Pink Floyd were **** as well.

I’ll just leave the massive music snobs crack on, enjoy 😉

hodgynd
    Free Member

I wouldn’t let that put you off taxi25..
    Huge Floyd fan here ..and the gig I saw at Earl’s Court on the Division Bell tour still ranks as probably the best I’ve seen..but I also get that they might not be to everyone’s taste..
    Which album were you going to suggest…?

duncancallum

Massive Waggons

Those damn crows

Henry’s funeral shoe

Are 3 bands you should really try and catch.

jimster01

Just listened to “Colorado” for the second time on the way home last night, and yep definitely a grower.

Whether I’ll go back to it in the future is debatable.

Thanks for the heads up for the Magpie Salute.

sc-xc

New Model Army ‘From Here’ is their best album in…ever

Only 1 really traditional ‘rock’ song, but the intensity and depth in the album is astonishing.

The fact that a band are releasing material that pushes the boundaries like this nearly 40 years into their career is incredible.

hatter

Baroness : Gold & Grey

Another band that used to to be metal but have morphed into a damn fine rock outfit over time.

Clutch: Book of Bad Decisions, not my favourite album of theirs TBH, but it’s still a newish Clutch album and therefore well worth checking out.

ali69er
    Free Member

Satan’s Hallow is a little known American band. Excellent, part of the new wave of traditional metal scene. Ignore the metal bit, a lot of these albums are not heavy and with great punk influences just like early maiden or angel witch.

zippykona

Rayban , you’ll love this! Best song of 2019

bikebouy
    Free Member

Probably a bit too “rock” for you lot (as in not metal) but I’m a big fan of The Dead Daises… this album is their covers album, and I’m not a fan of covers at all, but it rocks and is my turn up loud in the car album..

johnw1984
    Free Member

It’s funny you say that about Miles, and not everyone is going to be a fan. Technically, he’s up there with the best, but yeah, we agree about Tremonti (his solo stuff is very good too).

I’ve not got tickets for December this time, but I’ve been watching them about three times over the years. I used to like Black Stone Cherry too, but recently gone off them. Weird how tastes change 🙂

funkmasterp

Another vote for Henry’s Funeral Shoe. New Sleater Kinney, Desert Sessions, Black Futures and Mark Lanegan Band albums are decent too.

Just listen to Clutch’s entire back catalogue. Pretty much the best rock band any way imo.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oh, and in case you haven’t heard them I’m still loving Greta Van Fleet:

smokey_jo

There’s a new Airbourne album out….

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New Rock Albums …..’ is closed to new replies.