Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New roadie gloves
  • Prophet2
    Free Member

Time for some new roadie gloves. However I do suffer from the fingers of my right hand going numb during long bike rides so I am looking for recommendations for gloves with decent padding. Full fingered or fingerless.

I already have good padding on the bars 🙂

Cheers

dovebiker

Altura Pro Gel – worked for me for 20 hours offroad on a rigid bike

lunge

You could try the Planet-X ones, I like the Ulna mitts but the Fit mitts might work too, they’re £5 a pair so worth experimenting with for that price. These from Decathlon are also very well padded but I’ve got a pair and really don’t like them, far too padded for me.

iainc

i recently got the Specialized Grail ones – a different take on the padding theory, which I was sceptical of initially, but they work very well

mcj78
    Free Member

If you like the retro look, Cyclestore were doing the Specialized 1974 leather mitts cheap as chips recently – not masses of padding, but they are really comfy

FuzzyWuzzy

I always go back to Spesh BG Gel mitts, some people don’t like them as they reckon they’re too bulky but I can’t say I notice. I’ve tried other cheaper and more expensive brands and they’re never as comfy.

imn

Specialized BG gel mitts are pretty good. Why most product photos for gloves never show the palm I don’t know, but current versions should be similar to ladies version

RustySpanner

Another one for the Spesh.

Using Altura at the moment, but back to Spesh next.
    They seem to have the padding in just the right place.
    They seem to last for ages too.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

+1 on the Specialized Grail gloves. Work for me where more padded gloves didn’t – definitely reduced numbness/buzz

imn

Found it after all:
    Specalized gel

vs grail

TiRed

Why do people think gloves are the solution to numb hands? I recommend Bontrager race windshield gloves. Full finger, wonderfully comfortable, zero padding. Try raising the bars a little, or moving them closer. I can ride for four hours with no discomfort. Many pros don’t wear gloves at all.

mrblobby
    Free Member

TiRed, I was going to point that out but I thought it’d come over all STW, so I didn’t 🙂

You are right though. If you’re getting numb hands it usually means too much weight through them and more padding won’t really help that.

xyeti
    Free Member

Interestedly i get numb fingers riding road in full finger gloves as my fingers always seem to end up pressed tight at the ends of the glove, Which is probably why most are fingerless?

On the MTB this hasnt ever been a problem so for road i bought some Lizard Skins La Sal gloves which are kind of a bit retro, extremely well made and very very comfy,

Prophet2
    Free Member

I’ve used the Spesh Gel gloves, commuting and a 100 mile road ride. I’ve been very impressed. On the 100 miler the finger numbess was there up until mile 15 but then I got used to the gloves and the rest of the ride was numb free, which to me was a great result.

The numb fingers has occurred on all my bikes, all which I have ridden for years and nothing has changed on the bikes.

I got size medium, I don’t have big hands and the gloves are a nice snug fit. The only issue is trying to get them off as they are quite snug so can be a bit of a faff.

So thanks to the guys recommending the Gel gloves. Probably not to everyones taste but they certainly work for me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New roadie gloves’ is closed to new replies.