• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by aP.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New road bike tyre time
  • escrs
    Free Member

So ive finally decided to sell my Tubular Campag Bora One wheels on my best road bike and replaced them with some tubeless ready Campag Bora WTO wheels

Now im all ready running Tubeless Vision SL40 wheels with Hutchinson Fusion 5 Performance
    tubeless tyres on my other road bike so im using those tyres as a bench mark

I like having tan wall tyres on the best road bike so that rules out the Hutchinsons

So what else is out there that are 25c, tubeless and in tan wall?

So far ive found the following

Veloflex Corsa Race TLR 2021

Which seems to out perform the Hutchinsons on everything apart from tyre thickness

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews/compare/hutchinson-fusion-5-performance-2017-vs-veloflex-corsa-race-tlr

So is there anything out there better than that in tan wall?

GHill

Conti GP5000 S TR in “transparent”?

escrs
    Free Member

Not a fan of the transparant colour on the Conti’s (too dark)

Plus Conti’s tend to pump up bigger than the stated size so 25c ones are a no go on my bike

Plus they seem to have little puncture protection compared to the other two (but have better rolling resistance)

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews/compare/continental-grand-prix-5000-s-tr-vs-hutchinson-fusion-5-performance-2017-vs-veloflex-corsa-race-tlr

escrs
    Free Member

Not looking too good for the Veloflex Corsa Race TLR 2021

According to a Road.CC review they struggle to seal and the selant comes out the sidewalls, they eventually seal but leave the sidewalls a sticky mess which is a shame

https://road.cc/content/review/veloflex-corsa-race-tlr-tyre-276555

former8ball
    Free Member

I’m using the Veloflex Evo TLR. Easy to fit, but a real pain to seal; I have sealant smeared round the sidewalls, and they need regular topping up. Nice tyres though.

I used Vittoria Corsa before that which sealed a lot better and were nice tyres, but the tread delaminated, which put off a little bit. Available in tan sidewall, I think.

escrs
    Free Member

Cheers former8ball i was just looking at the Veloflex Evo TLR and trying to find some reviews

The leaking sidewalls are the biggest issue for me, dont want to pay out for a set for then the tan walls to be stained

Ive got an old set of Vitorria Corsa’s sat in the garage, same as you they have delaminated, re stuck down with tub glue once but are lifting again

boblo
    Free Member

I think you can get Schwalbe One’s in gumwall. I’ve been using the Evo whatsit tubeless (I’m confused by their marketing so whatever the lightest/fastest/costliest tubeless road tyre is called these days) for the last 5k km and they’re nice. Really plush at about 75-80psi and no punctures, aggro etc.

Sandwich

There’s both a Schwalbe One TLE Addix and a Pro One TLE Addix listed in Skinwall but my supplier has no stock of 25mm ones. The latter version is 10g lighter and costs £12 more at full price.

There’s also a TT version of the latter that’s 60g lighter for the same price but I expect it will puncture if you just look at it funny!

trialsben
    Free Member

Challenge Strada? I’ve been running the 30mm Strada Bianca version for a while and it’s been faultless.

Haze

I have tan wall/transparent TLE Pro Ones, they’re nice but like the older versions they seem to be the only tubeless tyres I ever puncture on.

I’ll be swapping them for 5000 TR as soon as they’re available.

escrs
    Free Member

Cheers guys, the Schwalbe tan wall one tle look good, no stock till April though but as they are for the best bike that’s not too bad, so they are on the list

The Challenge Strada can also be added on to the list, will do a bit more research on them

claudie

There is a fancy version of the tyre you have called gridskin which is sort of tan walled

Hutchinson Fusion 5 Performance Gridskin Ltd Edition tyre

happybiker
    Free Member

I got some tan wall Pro One TLE’s from Mantel last week for a decent price, worth looking there.

escrs
    Free Member

There is a fancy version of the tyre you have called gridskin which is sort of tan walled

Hutchinson Fusion 5 Performance Gridskin Ltd Edition tyre

Yeah i was offered a set of these when they were first released (friend is the Hutchinson UK distro) look good on a gravel bike but not for me on a road bike

TheGingerOne

FYI most people seem to be reporting that the Conti gp5000’s are smaller than gp4000’s for the same size marking, ie they are truer to size. I’m sure that was what my googling came back with a few weeks ago when I was looking into tubeless road tyres

ransos
    Free Member

I think you can get Schwalbe One’s in gumwall.

I have a set. They’re decent enough but feel slower than the Hutchinson Fusion 5s on my other bike and they were heavier than advertised. I’ve had one puncture which wouldn’t seal, repaired with an anchovy. The walls clean up quite nicely.

w00dster

I’ve ran the challenge Strada on multiple bikes for years, 27mm and 30mm. Very impressed with them.
    Have ran GP5000 TLR also, they were ok but the challenge just feel so much more supple.

aP
    Free Member

Could you not do what we all did with Dugast CX tubs and use Aquasure on the sidewalls?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New road bike tyre time’ is closed to new replies.