Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New 'Ring bike record
  • oldgrump08
    Free Member

Enjoy. He gets held up a couple of times 😯

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Big massive balls of steel! Banking it at 150mph 😯

mboy
    Free Member

Cracking effort, but there’s easily 10-15 seconds to come out of that lap without modifying the bike. He missed quite a few apexes, got held up 2 or 3 times, and by the sounds of things the bike is a bit short geared.

Just been on his website, the bike is a 2005 Yamaha R1. Not a slow bike by any means, but litre bikes have moved on performance wise since 2005. His has been modified to lose weight and handle better, but the engine is still stock. “Stock” means about 150bhp or so, but put him on a stock BMW S1000RR even with 193bhp, and things change.

If someone gave him a budget (or even better a much faster bike), he will easily go under 7 minutes.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Misses a few apexes for sure but getting a real good angle of dangle and lovely and smooth and gets on the power nice and early

anagallis_arvensis

I was faster than that on the way home from work tonight, the big girl!

atlaz
    Free Member

Impressive. My mate dropped his at over 100mph there. Bike totalled, he was okay luckily.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was faster than that on the way home from work tonight, the big girl!

parachute jump from cloud cuckoo land 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Impressive stuff but yes, with some money and some track time, he’d be a lot quicker

oldgrump08
    Free Member

As TJ said, he’s on the power early – just shows clever electronics are not the only way to control it, although I appreciate it’s not in the same league as a Beemer RR. Can hear the tyres chirping too, presumably without the aid of abs!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New 'Ring bike record’ is closed to new replies.