Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New rigid single speed bike I've just finished.
  • coldhams1
    Free Member

So first attempt at photo upload.

Is this a suitable use of a c456? 29 front wheel due tomorrow to make a 69er.

Yes I know the chains pink. I like it.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Is there a photo to go with this?

kayak23

Your fence wants a preservative treatment…. I imagine..

schmiken

Try this:

shinsplints

Argh my eyes !
    Holy fork rake batman 😆

honourablegeorge

Can you fit swapouts to a 456c? Would allow you to lose the tensioner. (And a couple of links from that chain)

Candodavid
    Free Member

lovely 😳

garage-dweller

Aesthetically fork looks skimpy. Other than that why not. Might feel a bit nervous with a short rigid fork in. My steel one did so i am back at 140mm.

Kato

I’m not keen on the AstroTurf

rOcKeTdOg

carpet needs vacuuming

coldhams1
    Free Member

Honourablegeorge – you can fit swap outs but just wanted to make cheap rigid single hack from what I had in the shed and an mad cheap fork. Ex production haro hary SS fork I got for £25. May fit hem if the tensioner doesn’t work very well.

Kato – AstroTurf is the way forward, we’ll it is for me with a dog and three kids who want to play football in every weather and then have no regard for the carpets well being in the house.

honourablegeorge

coldhams1 – Member
    Honourablegeorge – you can fit swap outs but just wanted to make cheap rigid single hack from what I had in the shed and an mad cheap fork. Ex production haro hary SS fork I got for £25. May fit hem if the tensioner doesn’t work very well.

Was just curious – would like a 456c myself, and would run it SS, Fork looks odd where it joins the massive headtube, but I like it.

theflatboy
    Free Member

It looks like Mad Max’s mtb.

cookeaa

I like it it screams “I’ve been digging about in the Spare parts Bin” and that’s a good thing IMO…

I bet it’s pretty light compared to having it geared/sprung…

I’d be interested to know how the 69er setup feels/rides compared to 26 F/R…

smartay

I see through your scam, astro turf, no mowing, more bike building, more riding 😀

coldhams1
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Great frame, have run it geared with 140mm forks for two years and its ace. Just got hold of a full sus so wanted to change it up a little.

I like the mad max idea. Not sure on the weight but the forks aren’t that light being cr mo think there 1.1kg. Just want simple really.

Will update on the ride with the 29 front wheel over the weekend.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well, you’ve made a nice job of the chain stay wrap, at least 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New rigid single speed bike I've just finished.’ is closed to new replies.