Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • New ride??
  • mja1981
    Free Member

I’ve been out of the scene for a good few years now although I still own a bike. I currently have a Specialized Stumpjumper M4. I’ve wanted to get back into biking for a couple of years but rarely have the time. However, this is the year for change, and after going down to Sutton Park last weekend I realised how much I’ve missed it. I’ve had my Stumpjumper for about 3 years and hardly used it. I was thinking of buying a newer Stumpjumper or possibly a Kona but after speaking to a friend, he has got me looking at bikes that I have never heard of and there are some very nice looking ones out there. After reading his advice I stumbled across the Ragley Blue Pig X7 or X9. What other options would you recommend around the £1500 mark? Cheers.

RobHilton
    Free Member

How about waiting a bit and using the bike you’ve got to see if you really do get into it before spunking more money on a bike that’ll hardly see any use? The Stumpy is quite a fine bike even for the tech-fest that is Sutton Park.

FWIW I tend to look for what’s available ex-demo (can still have warranty), on offer or second hand instead of deciding on what bike I *need*.

That way the resale value is maintained quite well (although I just tend to add to the collection & don’t sell much on :mrgreen: ) and the inevitable upgrades or component replacements are more affordable,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘New ride??’ is closed to new replies.