Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • New Reverb AXS…
  • lawman91

A new Reverb AXS looks to be on it’s way into the wild, but alas not the 200mm version many crave 🙁

https://www.alltricks.com/F-114955-tiges-de-selles-telescopiques/P-1955613-rockshox_reverb_axs_xplr_cordless_dropper_post__no_control

Still cool to finally see one for the gravel crowd, would go well with Rival AXS!

v7fmp

A cool addition to the range, but as you say, not the 200mm we are all (or some of us) are waiting for.

honourablegeorge

Oooh…. that would be ideal (and totally unecessary) for my Secan

DezB
    Free Member

Do bikes still have 27.2 seat tubes? (Obviously the ones that always did still do! New ones I mean. None of mine have had one since my 2009 Yeti)

lawman91

Most gravel bikes seem to these days, and a whole host of XC race bikes.

monkeyboyjc

Now that’s a want for my gravel bike – I really miss having one after changing frame and just can’t bring myself to drill it.

It does say “no control” so I’m guess you’ll need AXS shifters or blip for this to work…

honourablegeorge

With 1x AXS you can set the dropper to drop when both paddles are pressed simultaneously

twonks

With 1x AXS you can set the dropper to drop when both paddles are pressed simultaneously

No recipe for disaster there then 😀

monkeyboyjc

But what if you don’t run AXS gearing – I hope that there will be a seperate ‘optional’ drop bar lever….. Otherwise an already expensive upgrade will cirtainly go out of my reach.

ta11pau1

Good to see they are working on new axs stuff, the 200mm AXS dropper would probably just be an addition to the current mods so not a new model as such. That 27.2 model has the same head as the current one so I doubt they’re making an updated normal sized model.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for when this load of new axs stuff gets launched, there will be a 200mm version in there. There WILL! 😁

honourablegeorge

twonks

No recipe for disaster there then 😀

I don’t really see an issue – not like you’d push both f them by accident.

thols2

Do bikes still have 27.2 seat tubes?

Giant Anthem does. Was half-seriously considering buying one a while back but that was a deal-breaker.

twonks

To save a multi quote fiasco, my thoughts on having to press gear up and gear down together to drop the post and it being a recipe for disaster –

Maybe if you have shift buttons on either side of the bars it could work, otherwise I can see it being either a compromise to the shifting or just dangerous to the ride.

If you have to push both buttons together, can you do it with one hand without losing concentration or having to think about it too much. If not, crash time – potentially just when you need to be concentrating.

If you can press them together easily enough, how much time differential does the software allow before it shifts gears. If it’s too long, one of the main aspects of electronic shifting – speed – will be compromised. If it’s too short, gear change instead of dropping the post is potentially crash time again. Or gear change and then post drop, not quite as bad but still annoying.

All in all it is probably something that can be managed in theory but, when used in a race or an event where things need to happen quickly and instinctively, I’d much rather have a separate button instead of interfering with an action that is normally an instinctive move.

honourablegeorge

twonks

To save a multi quote fiasco, my thoughts on having to press gear up and gear down together to drop the post and it being a recipe for disaster –

Maybe if you have shift buttons on either side of the bars it could work,

We’re talking about drop bar levers here. Left is normally shift down, right to shift up, both paddles together for dropper (both together for front mech on a 2x bike)

For mountain bikes, the reverb has a dedicated 1-button controller on the left

twonks

Ah, road bikes. Makes sense now, thanks.

Do sram shifters have the same top buttons on the hoods as Shimano?

That could also be an option.

Ps. I have an mtb axs reverb so familiar with those.

honourablegeorge

You can add extra buttons to SRAM shifters, and position them here and there (except the bottom-of-the-range Rival AXS)

tomhoward

Heard a rumour of a new gravel ‘specific’ AXS groupset due in the next year or so, so maybe there will be a different set of shifters, with 3 buttons for the 3 functions?

lawman91

You mean like the new XPLR groupsets they just released?!

honourablegeorge

Surprised XPLR only went 10-44, seems to be plenty folks wanting a but more gearing than that. I went 10-50 with GX for mine, coming off 11s 42t x 10-42 which is fine almost all the time, except the odd offroad slog where it’s nowhere near low enough

tomhoward

You mean like the new XPLR groupsets they just released?!

It would seem so! Lolz, beat the embargo by 2 mins it would seem!

monkeyboyjc

No independent dropbar remote – I’m disappointed…

So I’d need to buy a £500 seatpost, £300 blip box and £80blips….or change my entire groupset… 😞

Glad they have finally introduced 44t cassettes though – although again a month too late for me as Ive an Ingrid cassette on order.

tomhoward

Could you not use a regular reverb button? Or the double shifter press?

monkeyboyjc

Could you not use a regular reverb button? Or the double shifter press?

Clamp won’t fit drop bars (one in the correct position) and I don’t have an AXS groupset on the gravel bike.

honourablegeorge

Think you can get a third party clamp to mount up close to the stem on the fat part of the bar.

Not an ideal spot, admittedly

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘New Reverb AXS…’ is closed to new replies.