Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Ragley 2021 bikes – have you got one?
  • glp1
    Free Member

Has anyone actually got their hands on any of the new Ragley’s yet, if so which & when did it arrive?

Do they live upto the reviews?

tuboflard

Got a Big Wig. Had it about a month now, maybe slightly less. Coming off the back of mostly riding a rigid steel singlespeed and a gravel bike, it’s bloody fast and composed in comparison. It also feels really planted too on rough and chundery trails.

I suspect some people might think a hardtail might beat you up a bit but to be honest it feels quite comfortable, at least in comparison to the other two bikes.

It’s still taking a bit of getting used to how long it feels but sure that will come with time. And there’s nothing I can reallly complain about out the box. Good wheels, tough tyres (Exo+), decent dropper and Deore/SLX 12 speed is very nice indeed. Only change I’ve made of note is wider bars (800’s with slightly lower rise to replace the 780’s).

I’m really going to look forward to getting more miles on it.

chestrockwell

I’ve got a 2021 Trig and i haven’t been on my MTB since it arrived. Great bike, lovely paint and no worries at all. Tinkering with a few bits atm but it is very comfy.

Got it back in March when CRC had a dump of stock. Set up a stock alert and jumped on as soon as they landed. Seems the way to do it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ste_t
    Free Member

My mmmbop came from CRC back in Feb.

It’s a hefty beast but surprisingly capable uphill aided by 51t rear cassette. All I’ve changed is swapping the rear 2.4 Minion for a 2.6 Barzo for less weight and faster rolling. It’s great fun coming back down.

It’s a winner because it’s 11 speed – too much of the competition seemed to make spec compromises in order to get 12 speed on there

v7fmp

I have a Big Al 1.0 on order with Evo cycles. I am hoping it arrives sometime soon. Delay after delay on this particular model it would appear, most likely down to Ragley serving larger customers first.

But i am very much looking forward to getting my hands on it. I am yet to hear any real negative things about Ragley as a whole.

glp1
    Free Member

thank you all for your comments good to hear

glp1
    Free Member

@v7fmp – I have likewise ordered the same, and getting impatient on waiting!

integra

@v7fmp Evo cycles have always been really good with me, got a Big Wig from them a couple of years ago and kept me well informed. They are building me a set of wheels at the moment and there’s been a few holdups with parts, all out of their hands but the communication has been great.

v7fmp

@glp1 – who is yours ordered with? Gives me some relief that i am not my only person waiting.

@integra
    – totally, they seem really decent whenever i have called them to chase the bike up. I know they are probably as frustrated as those folk waiting for bikes! It cant be easy.

glp1
    Free Member

@v7fmp – Friction Cycles in Bristol who have been brilliant, sadly the same can’t be said of Hotlines so far. I’ll update this once I have had some responses to questions I have asked as so far I only have half answers and want to get my facts straight.

v7fmp

@glp1 – ok cool, keep us in the loop.

I did contact ‘Ragley’ via instagram and enquired as to if the Big Al 1.0 had been shipped out and they couldnt tell me. I was told to ask the shop. which of course i have and they are at the mercy of ‘when they arrive’. When i questioned Ragley about their lack of knowledge on what they have or havent distributed yet and they havent met any of their predicted delivery dates, they got a bit shirty. So i just left it.

First world problems and all that! Should be worth the wait tho.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Ragley 2021 bikes – have you got one?’ is closed to new replies.