Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • New Puppy Day
  • Premier Icon Sandwich

Meet Bodie our latest rescue. At 11 months he just scrapes in as a puppy, we’re his third home in his short life. Needs a bit of a final polish for manners and recall and then we’ll be all set for some off-lead fun.

Premier Icon franksinatra

He’s a handsome lad. Good luck!

Premier Icon ElShalimo

Where’s Doyle ?

Premier Icon sandwicheater

Hello doggy, brilliant.

Premier Icon Sandwich

Doyle is in the Dolly Sprint outside.

Premier Icon supernova

He looks like he could do 0 to 30 in 5 seconds flat. Watch out squirrels!

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Damn you with your dog pics.

Premier Icon dovebiker

Looks fun!

Premier Icon reluctantjumper

Great to hear of a rescue being given another chance, hope you’re his ‘forever’ home!

Premier Icon GolfChick
    Free Member

Wow third home already! Do you know why? He’s a stunner!

Premier Icon Drac

Gorgeous.

Premier Icon Sandwich

@GolfChick, previous homes were not exercising enough (no.1) and lockdown dog (no.2). No.2 had just ceased walking him for more than 30 minutes a day. He’s very biddable and has managed an evening walk tonight with little or no pulling. Once the recall and leave are sorted and he’s a bit older we’ll be going for a bike ride or two.

My commute can be part car, part bike with 5 to 8 miles each way possible mostly off-road with a couple of crossings only.

Premier Icon GolfChick
    Free Member

Brilliant dogs for being a bike dog, if he takes to it, as I’m sure you know they were originally bred to be carriage dogs and run alongside them. I considered one instead of my current ridgeback but wanted the rest of her aloof nature. Can’t understand homes getting dogs without realising they need exercise, Ziva is currently only allowed 30 minutes a day as she’s been under the weather and I already feel like I’m being a bad owner! Meanwhile she flippin’ loves it.

Premier Icon convert

Oh, if I ever have a dog that looks just the ticket. Currently lifestyle could not guarantee the exercise needed so it’s a no. Very glad a rescue dog is getting a happy home. Too many friends have been getting puppies (as in really fresh off the lot puppies) recently for my liking when rescue dogs like yours are desperate for a home and humans to love.

Premier Icon Sandwich

Strangely not all Dalmatians take to bike rides. The last one was a take it or leave it type and it didn’t get his juices going. The one before liked them but was too independent for it to be a fun activity for me. The one before hated running!

The first one, something went click in his brain first time out and we went for fantastic rides.

Originally a hunting dog from Yugoslavia area and if they have the hunting gene no fluffy thing is safe.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Bodie has become a bit of a star on the work Yammer page 😎

Premier Icon toby1

Doggo

My rescue idiot, 7 months old and will eat ALL the poop in range as long as it’s not her own. Currently thinking she’s a part Tornjak (Croatian Shepard) at 21 kg already I’m hoping she doesn’t get too much bigger as she’ll be taking my wife for a walk soon rather than the other way round.

Premier Icon Sandwich

Bodie has become a bit of a star on the work Yammer page

It’s a small world @MoreCashThanDash but I wouldn’t want to undercoat it.

Premier Icon jamj1974

Lovely!

It’s a small world @MoreCashThanDash but I wouldn’t want to undercoat it.

🤣

Premier Icon tpbiker

What a magnificent hound..

Premier Icon vondally

Hopefully the user name gives it away but ex Dally owner here, ours loved riding walking running and eating any rotten carcass going….well eating…. waiting on a litter to be born on 9th November for our next one hopefully.
    Ours have been great biking dogs but it was a learnt behaviour after first one was
    A) run over after cutting in front of the bike….alll ran behind the bike after
    B) got lost chasing something…..he was devastated being lost.
    Brodie looks brilliant! Good luck and enjoy

Premier Icon Sandwich

He likes to sample any unattended drinks, tea, red wine and tonight the recovery chocolate milk. The last one earned a trip to the sin bin for a time out. 🙂

Premier Icon phil5556

Can’t understand homes getting dogs without realising they need exercise,

Sometimes I can’t even get mine past the end of the drive though! I used to spend ages trying to coax him around the block but now I just go back home. I just wish he’d let me know before I get all dressed up to take him out in the winter.

Premier Icon walowiz

@sandwich Cracking looking pup. He looks fast just sat there !

Always good to hear of a rescue dog finding a good home.

Enjoy.

There used to be a Dalmatian rescue centre at Rusper near Gatwick when I lived down there. The whole building was painted white with black spots, in case people couldn’t identify it from the signs

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.