Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • New proposed BMI calculation
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

I’m still a fat bersteward no matter which one I use.

thankfully not as much of one as I was 18months ago (2st down, 2 more to go)

geetee1972
    Free Member

Fatty alert

I hope that’s a self effacing comment otherwise it’s just plain offensive.

piemonster

It’s just plain offensive

ampthill

I’ve always thought the old one was height sqaures for mathematical simplicity.

I’m 6 foot 4 and this now tips me just the right side of 25. Which is fairer i think. On the old scale I’d have had to loose 5 kg to be 25. I’m still aimimg to loose 5kg but at that weight I’ll be a pretty healthy shape

redthunder
    Free Member

Your new BMI: 22.36

Your old BMI: 23.33

🙂

Haze

23.5 to 23.4.

Down 0.1, meh.

Sandwich

spot the elephant

You’re doing veterinary work too?

Try the steak, I’m here all week!

hora
    Free Member

27.8 to 26.5.

Sorry its crock. Ive got a fat gut at the moment. 35waist. 15.4lb/6ft1.6.

Weighed at gym/height ting tonight.

vickypea
    Free Member

Surely most of us are aware of whether we need to lose a few pounds or not by looking in the mirror?

hora
    Free Member

Bang on/exactly.

tomhoward

I’ve gone from exactly in the middle of the normal band to a bit below the middle of normal.

Fry up for brekkie tomorrow then 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

still crap, I’m overweight somehow, as I exercise I predict my weight will either remain stable or creep up a little (as it normally does) making me a right porker. Or proving that BMI is not an individual measurement and that people could put a little more effort in.

boxbuster
    Free Member

I was just underweight on the old scale, on the new one I’m further underweight, means nowt.

aracer
    Free Member

Woohoo! I just went from ‘obese’ to ‘overweight’. I can celebrate, can’t I?

Have a cake.

brooess
    Free Member

I’m not sure we really need BMI to know if we’re in good health or not do we? Surely people can tell how much fat is too much? Even if they don’t admit it/do anything about it…
    The state this country’s got itself into is shocking. Being of sensible weight now puts you in a minority.
    And we’re nowhere near having to deal with the full costs of it yet either… if anything’s going to wreck the NHS it’s people’s inability to look after themselves…

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not sure we really need BMI to know if we’re in good health or not do we?

A lot of people do. The number is ammo doctors can use against people in denial, I suspect.

labsey
    Free Member

I’ve gone from exactly in the middle of the normal band to a bit below the middle of normal.

This. I can live with that.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it’s still wrong dimensionally, should be cube of height!

tomhoward

Plan for this year, become ‘overweight’ through training and muscle mass, not cake and pies

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘New proposed BMI calculation’ is closed to new replies.