New Pikes have arrived.

Home Forum Bike Forum New Pikes have arrived.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • New Pikes have arrived.
  • Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Don’t suppose there’s any rumours of a straight steerer version? Will be a crying shame if they don’t do one…

LoCo

Yes had noticed that too, Revs are only 5ml too, it’s 0w30 oil so am guessing this will help, I expect that you’ll be able to get more in there which out adverse effects 😉
    No 1 1/8″ steerer are not listed, but maybe available, but really everything in the ‘trail’ market is going tapered so not totally certain on that one.

boxxer7

I’m sure I read somewhere that they will be tapered steerer only

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Yeah, tapered models only so far… Just hoping for a straight one in future, in these days of angle headsets and that.

paver456

nice and the weight is ace , my 426’s weigh 2400g which is 750g more than my rebas
    i also have sektor tk solo and there 1850g so the pikes really are looking good..

Loco:

does anyone know if the travel can be spaced down yet?

Yes I hope so, the parts lists are yet to be released so not 100%, no parts available yet but due soon.

Good luck with that!

I bought 2013 RS Revelation RCT3 29er when they first came out – waited 9 months on a cartridge to reduce the travel from 140 – 120mm

🙁

pitcherpro

I’d love to try a set on my enduro to see how they fair compared to the Lyrik!

LoCo

Meant the parts lists and drawings, yes I know the spring assms, maybe a while, 9 months seems like a long while though I’m sure we’ve had them for at least the last 6 months.
    Have been hassling people for stuff already 😉

rj

Would it be madness to run the 650B 150mm version on a 26″ bike with a biggish tyre? Might be a sensible future proofing option.

dirtbiker100

Waiting on my pre-ordered ones. :'( Going to alps without them and then Dyfi gravity enduro without them. almost want to cry.

Would it be madness to run the 650B 150mm version on a 26″ bike with a biggish tyre? Might be a sensible future proofing option.

I wouldn’t imagine so – I’ve mentioned before that the X-Fusion Vengeance is essentially a 26″ fork, but has been designed to accept 650B.

I suppose it all comes down to individual bikes, ATC length and what head angle it will create

LoCo

As above won’t be an issue as long as it does send the geo silly out

rj

I’m making an entirely unfounded assumption that running a 150mm 650B fork will be a bit like running a 160mm 26″ one. I’m not desperately worried about losing the 10mm of travel (or gaining 10mm axle to crown), but if it would entirely muck up the geometry it would be a trifle inconvenient.

Edit – my typing is clearly appallingly slow.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘New Pikes have arrived.’ is closed to new replies.