Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New phone advice needed. ( huge battery life, no apps).
  • ton

I am looking for a phone with a huge battery life, that the charge will last a couple of days or more
    also I don’t want it pre loaded with loads of apps that I don’t use.
    I use 3

this was recommended to me

http://ulefone.com/products/p6000plus/features.html

Cougar

Nokia 6310 off ebay?

zippykona

I have a Xiaomi mi2 and I’m on here all day.

Still have 40% left at bedtime.

paule
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those ulefone and it’s pretty decent. With heavy use (lots of Strava, messing on the net, watching videos and using Google maps) I’ve managed to use 80% battery in a day, but usually it’s about 50% in a day with decent use. Currently at 82% battery and I unplugged it at 7am and have used it quite a bit today.

I got it for £65 from AliExpress but it took a while to arrive

joshvegas
    Free Member

Moto g7 power.

boxelder

My Huawei P20 Lite has an ultra power save mode (can still call, use data, wifi etc), which has 70+ hrs battery life. In normal power saving it does 2 days, if switched off at night (or switched to ultra mode – switching modes is a 2 second job. I’ve ridden a three dayer with it switched on and still had battery at the end (wasn’t stravaing!)

feed

I have this, it has a 10000mAh battery so will last 4-5 days on a charge. The trade off is that it’s bulky and heavy (900grams ish). So much so that I have another phone for most of the time when I don’t need 4-5 day charge.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000063301566.html

On the plus side, it tough as hell (dropped multiple times) and waterproof.

nuke

As joshvegas, g7 power… currently reduced at johnlewis which is where i just got mine:

https://www.johnlewis.com/motorola-g7-power-sim-free-smartphone-android-6-2-4g-lte-sim-free-64gb/p4039474

5000mah battery, good reviews but shame no nfc (think eu model does have it). Big brand from a reputable retailer so im happy with that and, so far, im very impressed…very good value for money

longdog
    Free Member

I have a blackview 5800. 5800mah battery, waterproof, drop proof.

Lasts great biking and hiking with mapping and wahoo fitness app or strava running and taking photos.

Saccades
    Free Member

Another vote for the G7 power.

Charge on a Friday morning, spent a weekend in a new city doing photos, maps and Pokémon Go and it was on 30% on the Sunday night.

Game changer.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve got Xiaomi max 2:and battery lasts days and considering its their OS there’s not much bloatware. Possibly The downside if it bothers you is the phone is huge (hence the huge battery)

bigfoot
    Free Member

just got the wife a moto G7, if she had been bothered about long battery life would have got the G7 power. the G7 seems a decent phone and the specs aren’t much differant, plus the power is cheaper.

lunge

iPhone 11 Pro. The battery is awesome and you can delete the apps. I suspect this is not the kind of thing you had in mind!

ton

does anyone do a barebones type phone, with nothing pre loaded.

say just the camera and ability to phone, and then you just put what apps you need on it?

feed

does anyone do a barebones type phone, with nothing pre loaded.

say just the camera and ability to phone, and then you just put what apps you need on it?

No

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yeah I think that’s unlikely.

If you stay away from Samsung and Apple etc you generally get less.

Also alot of the “apps” pre installed are either necessary OR you can delete them.

The g7 power everyone is agreeing with has about a page of them when new I’ve deleted a few and added a few. But the front page has nothing but a big analogue clock and a button for phone internet Spotify and camera.

woody2000

Android one phones are close to what you’re after Tony, almost completely stock Android with no bloatware.  I get a couple days out of Nokia 8 pretty easily, more if I really try.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>https://www.android.com/intl/en_uk/one/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjIixoPj15gIVyLHtCh3ujA6xEAAYASAAEgLxL_D_BwE</span&gt;

burko73

My iPhone 11 lasts all day with approx 80% left at the end of the day. Can’t see you’d need more? Just delete the apps you don’t need, you’ve only got to do it once. No need to get angry about apps that others might find useful but you don’t need.

davidr

My partner recently got an Oppo A7. 5000mAh battery and looks to have minimal bloatware. Too early to tell how long the battery lasts in real life but that’s a good chunk bigger than my Oneplus 3T. I’m pretty impressed.

kimbers

iPhone 11 Pro

£1200 ! thats 10 times the cost of a G7 power

you could buy a bike/car/watch/handbag for £1200

birky
    Free Member

G8 Plus is out now, G8 Power soon?

lunge

£1200 ! thats 10 times the cost of a G7 power

you could buy a bike/car/watch/handbag for £1200

I use my phone more than pretty much anything I own. In terms of time used per £1 it’s dirt cheap compared to any of the above.

Stoner
    Free Member

G7 power
    2x in the house now.
    Monsterous battery, lasts for days.
    Easy to clean up back to virtually stock android very quickly. Just switch off the Moto Actions and you’d hardly know it was a motorola.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New phone advice needed. ( huge battery life, no apps).’ is closed to new replies.