Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New pet hates
  • reeksy

As a grumpy middle-aged man i think it’s appropriate i share a list of pet hates as they emerge.

Two this week.

The person that titles their emails “RE *subject*” … they actually add the RE.
    Then, and this bit is what really annoys me, after their greeting they put the subject heading again! What? In case we haven’t read it already???

The person on Teams right now, that thinks it’s ok to constantly chew gum just because their microphone isn’t on! I’m having to cover their face with this window.

… oh and yeah, the person that sits on STW in the middle of Teams meetings.

thols2

It’s not new but I hate Billy Joel and Tom Hanks. Just the epitome of mediocrity.

reeksy

That seems very restrained of you.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    funkmasterp

People that use more than one ?

onehundredthidiot

I say this with increasing regularity but “the more people I meet, the more I like my dogs”.

reeksy

With rising intonation?
    Or were you really mocking someone less fortunate than yourself that has a keyboard with a sticking ????

markgraylish
    Free Member

You’d love working with me!!!!

funkmasterp

Damn you both!

batfink
    Free Member

There’s only two things I hate in this world: people who are intolerant of other people’s cultures and the Dutch.

dawson

The current fashion for dog owners to have ridiculously long non-retractable leads which take an age to gather up to bring their dog back from 20 metres away

kilo

Clicking on a thread called new pet hates and finding it’s not about a new pet but IT moaning.

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

Guinea pigs.

The missus has decided to breed them and taken over my bike washing area and the straw and sawdust blows all over everything in the car port.

Robz
    Free Member

Is this not just the “stuff-that-makes-you-disproportionately-cross” thread from the other week all over again?

thepurist

Guinea pigs.

Yeah but if the cost of living crisis bites, apparently they taste like chicken 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

People that walk up to the ticket barrier at a train station then stop, get their phone out, find the app, open the ticket then eventually scan it.

jon1973
    Free Member

not new but I hate Billy Joel and Tom Hanks. Just the epitome of mediocrity.

They should make a film about Billy Joel’s life, like they did with Freddie and Elton John, with Tom Hanks playing Billy. It would be the perfect storm.

Cougar

Is this not just the “stuff-that-makes-you-disproportionately-cross” thread from the other week all over again?

That makes me disproportionally cross.

ossify

This is STW.
    We need one at least every other week.

thols2

They should make a film about Billy Joel’s life, like they did with Freddie and Elton John, with Tom Hanks playing Billy. It would be the perfect storm.

An idea that is too brilliant to waste on a couple of mediocrities like those two.

IdleJon

An idea that is too brilliant to waste on a couple of mediocrities like those two.

With music by Ed Sheeran. (Not sure how that would fit with a film about BJ, but we’ll find a way.)

Harry_the_Spider

Tea spoons that are a little bit small. We have a couple. They are ALWAYS the only ones in the drawer when I’m making a brew.

Bastard things.

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

I hate that I haven’t got any pets.

IdleJon

Tea spoons that are a little bit small. We have a couple. They are ALWAYS the only ones in the drawer when I’m making a brew.

You lucky thing. Our tea spoons seem to migrate as soon as we replenish the drawer. No idea where they go..

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.