• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New permissive going in at Ladybower. Volunteers needed
  • Pook

Bump on this.

Its a nice new up from the bottom of the beast ish to hope cross

steel4real
    Free Member

All very good but dig days are on a Thursday.

I expect majority of folk are in work so maybe a few retirees and slackers will help 😉

If they were on a weekend may get more support ?

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Yeah, weekends will probably bring bigger turnout. Would love to go, but it is slim chance for me to have day off, especially during this silly Pre-Christmas time…

Cheers!
    I.

Tracey

I dont get a chance mid week. Might be worth while letting both the Uni cycling clubs know whats happening and if they want to be involved.

cb200
    Free Member

Unfortunately I’m not available, but love the idea of a rideable (under my own steam) trail up to Hope Cross. Also it opens up possibilities for my kids; we could cycle up Roman Rd together then take separate trails down to the bottom.

Big gratitude to all you diggers!

Pook

Cheers folks – yeah we’d love to do more weekend dig days; for this kind of thing where we’re working in partnership with Severn Trent Water, we work to their 9-5 so those with flexibility are very useful!

We do have weekend digs though – check out http://www.peakdistrictmtb.org for details.

And yes @cb200, you’re absolutely right. It will be a rideable trail up to Hope Cross or a gentle descent for those who don’t want to the full on experience of the Beast.

What’s made it possible is Severn Trent Water coming round to the idea that that is exactly the kind of thing mountain bikers want. Progressive development in the valley. They’ve been brilliantly supportive too. Long time coming but we’re getting there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New permissive going in at Ladybower. Volunteers needed’ is closed to new replies.