Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 123 total)
  • New Partridge
  • rone

We shot a cringe worthy corporate film using Derek Thomson about 7 years ago. Seems to have gone down a storm on that accidental partridge account.

And the Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8524098/hotel-ad-best-accidental-alan-partridge-derek-thompson/amp/

Pmsl.

All deliberate, can’t believe it’s resurfaced now. My 15 mins of fame.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I thought it was really good and with the potential to get even better. The Seal interview and  the stuff with the hygienist was brilliant, and the granddad story too. Also great Lynn was in there and already calling the co-presenter a prositute haha!

The simon technology bit and the liftpart at the end let it down.  4/5  “guess who is back in the bigtime”!

john_l
    Free Member

I thought it was brilliant and had forgotten half of the gems mentioned in this thread, so think it needs a rewatch.

Did anyone see the One Show on Tuesday (it was on in the background)? Matt Baker made a reference to it at the end when Alex Jones messed up.

kcr
    Free Member

I think Partridge is a brilliant creation, and “I’m Alan Partridge” is one of the great comedy series, but the first episode of this one just fell flat for some reason. The “Fluck” joke is an old one as well, allegedly a story about introducing actress Diana Fluck when she opened a supermarket, before she changed her name, and went on to greater things:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Dors

I hope the new series picks up, but here’s some classic Alan. We’ve all done this:

gobuchul
    Free Member

4/5 “guess who is back in the bigtime”!

It’s a recycled joke that was first used in the Nomad book.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I thought it was great, and I’m totally shocked and appalled by the mixed reviews. I was dying watching it, so many funny bits “creamy hands”, hacktivist reading out his Google searches etc. Excellent

Re some of the negative reactions. I think the gibbons brothers partridge is more nuanced, wordy, subtle and possibly a bit less obvious than earlier partridge. And the lack of a laughter track is a big difference (and much better)

I love early partridge but you have to say gibbons era is much better than certainly the second series of I’m Alan partridge which got a bit ridiculous, but was still LOL funny

I dunno, I’ve read some posters on Facebook etc for my sins, and it’s seems most people haven’t bothered with the gibbons material ie his books, online and sky series and film so the last they saw was probably having bouncing back pulped.

But anyway, I was mega pleased with the new show, despite the naysayers

trailwagger
    Free Member

That Richard Madeley clip is BRILLIANT! …

Watched Partridge last night, it was ok and I think it`ll get better but needs to move offscreen.

Anyway here’s more classic Partridge at 1.24

zilog6128

I really enjoyed it, don’t agree with the comments that it needs to move outside the studio. MMM which was low-budget with a single set was some of the best Partridge IMO. By contrast the movie was the definite low point.

Merak

I thought last week had promise but last nights was dire.

I am formally withdrawing my interest from this. The input from Iannucci is sorely missed. I also have issues with continuity. In the series he was in the caravan, cant remember which number that was, anyway he was clearly made up to be middle aged wrinkles/grey hair. This series has him as a spritely apparently younger man.

Im disappointed tbh.

rone

One or two good moments but very laboured.

I search up Tony Ferrino – for old time’s sake last night.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Coogan related, but I hear there’s a new series of The Trip due this year.

Coogan’s impression of Stephen Hawking in one episode a few years ago had me in stitches.

john_l
    Free Member

On the other hand, I thought last night’s was really good. Partridge winning is great.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Coogan related, but I hear there’s a new series of The Trip due this year.

This is is very good news.

wallop

That “pierced my foot on a spiiiiiiike” is absolute class.

handybar
    Free Member

I liked alpha papa and think it’s one of the best British films for ages.
    Coogan could do with developing some new characters but when you can always fall back on Alan, why bother.

gobuchul
    Free Member

This has to be one of the funniest things ever on TV.

AP
    [ video]https://youtu.be/MrOBqn0asug[/video ]

This new improved forum is so straight forward to use.

Where has the video link button gone?

2tyred

Im disappointed tbh.

Same.

I will always treasure The Day Today (radio and TV), Knowing Me Knowing You and especially the first series of I’m Alan Partridge (IMO Coogan, Iannucci and Baynham’s finest work on anything) but it’s been steadily downhill since then.

I get that a new writing team have excitedly taken it on, but it just isn’t in the same league, none of the stuff since then has been. Everything’s overstated, the subtlety has gone IMO and it just feels too contrived. I think part of the problem is the character is so well developed now that you know what to expect.

Merak

Partridge winning is great.

Disagree. His failure’s were part of the humour. Toblerone underpants flashbacks in particular were hilarious. Having to live in a hotel/caravan not quite making the big time was part of the character for me.

sirromj

Your probably better off writing in to Points of View to air your disappointment.

andy8442
    Free Member

Meh!

john_l
    Free Member

Disagree. His failure’s were part of the humour. Toblerone underpants flashbacks in particular were hilarious. Having to live in a hotel/caravan not quite making the big time was part of the character for me.

Well, he wasn’t really winning was he!

chakaping
    Free Member

The difference with parodying TV now is that all the ‘Monkey Tennis’ ideas Alan blurted out, which sounded utterly absurd back then, have all become reality. Gordon Ramsey has actually made ‘Cooking in Prison’

And of course there’s this…

Looking forward to watching it. I liked how they developed Alan in the movie so have reasonably high hopes.

sirromj

OMG can’t believe I wrote your instead of you’re 😱😱😱

chakaping
    Free Member

Just watched ep1, thought it was really good.
    They’re not parodying The One Show, it’s just a setting for AP’s continuing adventures.
    I like how they’ve mellowed him out a touch and given him a bit of self awareness, and sometimes he’s even right about things now.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Anyway… I’ll just leave this here. The best opening sequence to any film ever made, and something guarantee to make your day better

Not an Alan Partridge fan but I love that clip. I reckon it’s what all the argumentative people on here that post about their edgy music tastes on all the music topics are actually like in real life, sitting in their dull cars, singing along to crap 80’s tunes and criticising everyone else’s driving 😂

kimbers

But she this week’s was that God, a few moments, a few wasted opportunities

dmorts

The best opening sequence to any film ever made, and something guarantee to make your day better

Often, when driving home from work on a Friday, I recreate this scene…..if I’ve remembered my driving gloves

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

there is no way that someone like that would have been given a TV show to do

Or a radio show for that matter….

zilog6128

and sometimes he’s even right about things now.

yes, but even though he’s “won” he’s still thoroughly unpleasant, revelling in others’ misfortune, so he’s still the same old Partridge really 😀. It’s only a win in his eyes.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’m enjoying it but it does need a couple of watches of each episode. I think it’s obvious that the Alan-winning isn’t going to last and the public will witness another great unravelling. The interesting thing is who he brings down with him.

You people 😉

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Hit and miss for me, but after the hand-washing moment I’m feeling more forgiving, and with hope. That was classic Partridge. The real question is how much classic Partridge can I take in one lifetime? It always did leave me feeling mildly depressed and that my psyche needs a shower*…

*Psyche-shower: Driving the Skoda in 5th down the M5 to Gloucester Services for a proper coffee and a croissant. Playing Chic’s ‘Good Times’ at the highest volume, ie 1db shy of causing distracting plastic-console buzz. Back of the net.

easily
    Free Member

The show is moribund

fingerbang
    Free Member

To all you doubters, in the words of Alan himself when it came to dismissing supporters of the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre, “you’re WRONG!”

Its a different beast to late nineties/early noughties Alan but it’s funny, Tony le mesmer-isingly funny

The off camera aside to Lynn about the dead guy after his overwrought eulogising ‘a bore, one too many sirloins etc’

The medieval fighting and his facial expressions LOL indeed

The none more zeitgeisty Twitter feed ‘live mourning’ and sexual harassment allegations at the end that Alan milked to f_ck. Genius

CMon! FFS, this is great stuff

fingerbang
    Free Member

I forgot the bit where he sings candle in the wind

You can’t deny this s_1t

dmorts

There have been a few non-BBC things in between This Time and I’m Alan Partridge, namely Mid Morning Matters (both noun and verb there) and Scissored Isle.

brakes
    Free Member

I thought that was the best yet.
    The Geordie holiday home wife / daughter fags story was LOL funny.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My wife hit them, I didn’t but now she’s their favourite* 😂

*apologies, can’t remember the exact words

kelvin

Loved the Sandwich Song. Also, the stuff with Jennie is getting better and better. The Simon stuff is just the same unfunny joke each week though… shame, I like Tim Key.

sirromj

The Simon stuff is just the same unfunny joke each week though…

Don’t you mean the same unfunny unfunny joke joke?

mahalo

id tickle your pink…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘New Partridge’ is closed to new replies.