Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • new paintjob old cotic
  • fenboy

twas almost that new espresso colour too!!

fenboy

and the other side!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Looks nice. We had a bathroom that colour in our house when I was a kid in the late 70s. Reminded me of the girl next door dragging me into our bathroom to show me the green crap she had done in our lav, and how it matched the walls.

But I digress. The bike looks very nice.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Although in retrospect, WTF is up with the seat height?

fenboy

interesting interlude about the bathroom!

seat height is correct for pedalling i am not keen on the trend for having ones bars 6 inches above the saddle!

johnners
    Free Member

There’s no more seatpost sticking out than on mine, and I like the colour. It’s totally ruined by the sticker though, should have left it plain.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

seat height is correct for pedalling i am not keen on the trend for having ones bars 6 inches above the saddle!

Well, neither am I, but if that is the correct height for pedalling, surely you would need a larger frame? Perhaps its just the angle of the second shot, but it looks uncomfortably high for me.

fenboy

feels ok to ride so maybe the angle of the photo! its a 19/large and i’m 6’2″

takisawa2

Any issues with the seatpost that high ? Seem to have a lot showing on mine & bit concerned, my small frame fits perfectly in every other sense.
    Just about to get mine re-coated, also a non-original colour… 🙂

Love yours by the way mate, really smart.

fenboy

its actually the slope on the garden in the second pic that makes the seat seem higher! mines thomson 410 on the just above the max line i’ve had no issues whatsoever in over 5yrs with a variable 14.5 up to 16.5 stone at one point bouncing around on it.

kelvin

I’m liking everything about that. What’s the colour?

fenboy

thanks

its reed green ral 6013

freeandsingle
    Free Member

Definitely suits the bike, where did you get it done?

Northwind

That looks brilliant… I didn’t like the old custard frame so I went for black but I think I prefer yours.

“Well, neither am I, but if that is the correct height for pedalling, surely you would need a larger frame?”

Souls have small triangles, my medium is barely bigger than my old small Scandal. I run a lot of seatpost too, though my bars are a little higher and I generally use my revs at 130mm so the front is higher.

BigDummy
    Free Member

You appear to have painted it the same colour as a Dialled Love/Hate, no? 🙂

Looks nice, although with my proportions I’d have got the size up.

kelvin

Thanks for the colour ref fenboy.

grievoustim
    Free Member

question – how is the “soul” writing applied to the re-painted frame? Is that a sticker too? I’m not sure what it is on my soul – feels more like its painted on? (I don’t know what I’m talking about really)

takisawa2

Did you lacquer over your decals…?

nickc

It’s a bit 70’s Austin Maxi for my taste, but whatever floats yer boat

kelvin

The most recent souls have the “SOUL” under the top clear powdercoat layer grievoustim. Older ones had vinyl stickers, quite thick, you can feel them.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘new paintjob old cotic’ is closed to new replies.