• This topic has 44 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by wl.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • New P7 – anyone got theirs yet?
  • wl
    Free Member

The suspense is killing me.

wl
    Free Member

No one on here ordered one?

davo
    Free Member

I’m waiting for a frame.

wl
    Free Member

Just resurrecting this thread in case it’s relevant yet.

chestrockwell

Someone has as they’ve posted the frame up on ebay.

davo
    Free Member

Got mine today!

imbuildingabike
    Free Member

Got my frame in the post yesterday, but probably not going to have it built up until mid – end of May

enfht
    Free Member

Please post lots of pics.

chestrockwell

Just been comparing geometry and the new Stif Morph seems quite similar. Must admit, the Morph seems better value as a complete bike but the neon green is ace and could swing it.

Why am I looking at hard tails?

slimjim78
    Free Member

I love the look of the P7. Checking in for regular updates. Pics and feedback please guys

lee170
    Free Member

Bikescene have one on the shop floor, priced at £1450, revs upfront mix of race face and slx from what I saw.
    it’s pretty damn nice. Shame I’ve just bought a crush otherwise I’d have got one

wl
    Free Member

Just seen a green one in Hebden’s Blazing Saddles and it was surprisingly lightweight. Looked ace, and very fun to ride no doubt.

allan23
    Free Member

Had a look at an RC127 last week, they look good too.

If the water bottle bodge doesn’t work on my FS I’ll be looking for a decent steel HT.

davo
    Free Member

davo
    Free Member

wl
    Free Member

Davo – verdict?

davo
    Free Member

Only had a quick ride round the street! The p7 seems very agile compared to my 15 crush rs that it’s replaced! You can pop the front wheel up easy with the short chainstays! I did just try to share some pics from Instagram but it didn’t work! I don’t know about climbing yet, but it seems nice and light for a steel frame!

trap6
    Free Member

wl
    Free Member

Davo – I was very surprised by the low weight of the Large in my lbs. Looked well built too. Enjoy your first proper ride.

matthewmountain
    Free Member

Looks like a great bike. But looking at the website, Orange weld their steel P7 frames in the far east. But their aluminium fives etc are still welded in Halifax.

I would have thought it would be easy to weld steel in the UK?

wl
    Free Member

Who knows, can’t say I’m bothered where a bike is welded really. Frame has a 5-year warranty anyway I think.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Pics please owners!

chestrockwell

Orange make the full suss bikes here. The ht’ are from the Far East, just as they always have been (with the odd exception).

chestrockwell

Really tempted by one of these although I don’t really want a hard tail

PrinceJohn

Saw a pic on Instagram of a friends… Nicest bike I’ve seen in ages

RagTi
    Free Member

Just ordered mine….like just now!, I’m 6’2″ and gone for the 19″, hope to f!!! It fits me, also gone for the reverb dropper, my fs is 20″ but the p7 has a longer top tube etc so should be bob on size size. Can’t imagine riding a 21″ one

wl
    Free Member

Rag – reckon you’ll be fine. I’m 5′ 10″ and ordered a medium after sitting on one. Felt good and long, and that was with a 40mm stem.

RagTi
    Free Member

wl
    Cheers buddy, can relax now ?

steel4real
    Free Member

I’ve got a large frame on order – apparently it may be shipped next week 🙂

Luddite that I am and not wanting to buy any new parts I’m planning to put a 2 x 10 gear set on 😯 – after a suggestion on a previous New P7 thread on here it looks like a high clamp side swing will fit, routing the cable alongside or using the stealth dropper routing.

Also I’m hoping someone with a size Large will be sending or getting and Invisiframe kit for it soon 😉 as they currently only do a size M kit and need a frame to measure up other sizes.

jabbi
    Free Member

Pictures please! Trying to decide between a P7 and Chromag Rootdown BA. The Chromag would be easier, already got wheels, seatpost, BB etc to fit but I’ve got a soft spot for Orange hardtails, not sure on the drop from 29″ to 650b either. Some pic’s of nicely built ones might sway the decision.

trap6
    Free Member

I’ll be riding mine for the first time tomorrow,(charcoal grey,large) trip too Haldon I think dependent on the weather,had I short ride round the block when built but haven’t ridden in joy as yet :D.

barbs
    Free Member

Anyone know what size rear tyre you can fit in one of these, 2.5?

imbuildingabike
    Free Member

Almost sure I read 2.4 somewhere when it was first announced. Can’t remember where though.

wl
    Free Member

Just resurrecting this out of Friday aft boredom/curiosity. Couldn’t be happier with mine.

kiksy
    Free Member

Demo’d one 2 weeks ago as a bit of a laugh, not in the market for a new bike at all, ended up being one of the best bikes I’ve ridden. Not just hardtail, but all bikes. Attacked steep DH stuff so well, and yet pedalled great back up despite being “only” 10 speed.

Keep thinking out buying one.

wl
    Free Member

kiksy – I can thoroughly recommend them. Had mine a couple of months now and it’s fantastic. Use it for all my riding, typically 20-30 milers in the Pennines with a big variety of descents and terrains. Lots of steep, technical and rough stuff, plus fast skinny singletrack. Big climbs too. Bike does it all and is very fun to ride.

steel4real
    Free Member

Tried posting a picture of mine but the technology defeats me or it won’t take an image from PinkBike.

I’ll try again

Ah – done it !

wl
    Free Member

Steel – nice bike. That a large? Doesn’t look ginormous which is good. Mine’s a medium which I just get away with at 5′ 10″.

steel4real
    Free Member

Thank you – yes it’s a large, I’m 6ft and it fits me really nicely with a 40mm stem.
    Way better fit than the 27.5 Cotic BFe it’s replaced (needed a 55mm stem) longer, slacker and lower. Exactly what I wanted to change from the Cotic and very similar to my latest FS bike. But it is heavier (offset by going 1x) and not as well finished.

AND faster.

Faster than the Cotic (confirmed on Strava) with the same wheelset, tyres, forks, saddle, seatpost, brakes & pedals. Faster uphill as well ! It climbs really well, no floppy front wheel lifting, it has a sorted riding position & geometry.

wl
    Free Member

Yep, fantastic bikes – properly sorted geometry. Ridden mine lots over the last two months and it blows me away how fun it is, and how quick too. Also great on the steep techie stuff around Calderdale. Just under 30lb with pedals, Reverb, Pikes and Maxxis both ends.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘New P7 – anyone got theirs yet?’ is closed to new replies.