Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Orbital album….
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Anyone heard it yet? Just bought it today but I’ve FLAC’d it and stuck it on my empeefwee player for my trip abroad. Dying to listen to it but I wanna save it until I’m on the plane and staring out over where-ever I am!

jam-bo

ooh. might have to get that.

seeing them live in a few weeks.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Really? Where? I didn’t know they’d reformed until I heard them on Tongy’s show the other night. They’ve both had individual albums out.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Rob_514
    Free Member

Yes indeed great album although there its not truly a new album with all new material. its full of the old classics like satan, funny break, halycon etc. but alot of them have had new twists so its not strictly a ‘best of album’. really good for all the orbital fans out there. Its on constant repeat in my itunes in preparation for seeing them headlining at global gathering!!

theflatboy
    Free Member

my mate saw one the several “last ever” gigs a few years back. now i’m seeing them at the big chill in a few weeks…

not complaining though, should be a belter! (not as good as spiritualized or lamb, though!)

diggers
    Free Member

dates here
    Got tickets for Manchester Academy, where I first saw em in 93 on the Megadog Midi Circus tour.. never fully recovered:)

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

They did the midnight countdown with a special version of their Doctor Who theme tune, for New Year’s Eve 1999-2000 @ Pier Head, Liverpool.
    I lost the plot to it! 😀

haddock
    Free Member

Memories of magic beans!! Peel sessions at Newcastle uni, wooo back in the day…..:lol:

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

HUGE fan of orbital, seen live a few times and got all their albums… The new album ’20’ mostly has tracks I already have with only a few new ones, the 3rd tune on CD2 ‘naked and the dead’ is an early tune, first time I heard it though and worth the price of the album alone!

That said the album is not the best of Orbital IMO, a wee bit ravetastic in places, some of the best tunes are missing… not much from last three albums. If you are a fan buy it – if not, buy it anyway – Orbital are the best electronic band (along with Plaid).

The solo album from paul hartnoll was tops, phil hartnoll (long view) was a bit of a let down… glad to see they have reformed, good times!

bbAardvark
    Free Member

Like OC I’m a massive fan with plenty of Orbital, only thing that narked me was I bought the album – for completeness – then had to buy LC1 from iTunes as it’s not on there & I can’t be bothered to rip the vinyl.

Truly glorious though – One Perfect Sunrise still raises the hairs on my neck whenever I hear it.

haddock
    Free Member

Have to admit ‘Insides’ is still a favourite album to listen to when i’m rattling around Dalby forest!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Orbital album….’ is closed to new replies.