Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • New Orange P7.
  • chestrockwell
    chakaping
    Free Member

I do like the look of the new Crush, very nice lines.

bubs

The p7 looks good but is 65ha too slack?

eddie11
    Free Member

the p7 looks great. im so glad its back. just don’t have anymore room for bikes 😥

Paul-j

when will it be for sale, thats the question.
    Frame only hopefully.

thepodge
    Free Member

Shouldn’t it be about P12 by now, P7 was the 7th revision on the Prestige frame

Pukeko
    Free Member

+1 Eddie…. In black too!!!

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Looks nice. On my shortlist for new frame in Spring, alongside the new Bfe and Switchback.

tmb467
    Free Member

Difficult to know what to think. Lots of modern geo long travel HTs about and although I loved my two when I had em, I don’t know if I’m all that in love anymore

Slackline is lovely. Nicolai Argon is a thing of beauty. There’s a few more about as well that just look gorgeous. I’d love to see the P7 about again but not sure that a 525 tubed heavy frame is as desirable as it once was

munkyboy
    Free Member

Best looking hardtail I have seen for ages. Definitely on the wish list

matther01
    Free Member

Looks a bit meh to me.

steveoath
    Free Member

I take it its a 650?

senorj

oh bugger….cannot afford a new bike……

binners

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want one of those!

Clink

Sitting on the fence then binnners? 😆

chrishc777
    Free Member

That looks awesome, HA is a bit slack but if you went for a DP Pike you could drop the fork for climbing. Like

fasthaggis

Nah,it looks too spindly (says a P7 owner),Crush looks really good though.

jimmy

P7 is one of my bikes that never was. The old pewter finish with Pace forks was a thing of beauty. I’d love one of those now but it’ll do well to usurp the Soul.

chestrockwell

It’s tempting me that’s for sure! Be interested to see the spec’s. Should come in the c2w bracket

PJM1974
    Free Member

Properly lovely, I’m a P7 owner too and I’ve a soft spot for a British designed, steel frame.

That said, my current P7 has been a bit of a shed-Queen for a while as I’m respraying the fork lowers to match. It’s a job that can’t be rushed (six months and counting).

AlexSimon

Looks good.
    Looking forward to seeing what Bird come up with. Should be similar geometry with nicer tubing for same/less money.

I’ve seen a few similar bikes around recently, but my memory is failing:
    Bird Zero TR
    Pace 127
    and…

bertmacklin
    Free Member

Shouldn’t really even be the P[anything], as I’m fairly sure it was called the Prestige because it was made from Tange Prestige.

thepodge
    Free Member

Good point

Northwind

thepodge – Member

Should probably be about the S3- since it’s not made of tange prestige but reynolds scaffold tube.

<edit- DAMN IT!>

That aside… I want a go, looks ace. Though I don’t see a price, I’m suspecting it’ll have the usual Orange very expensive stickers?

chrishc777 – Member

That looks awesome, HA is a bit slack but if you went for a DP Pike you could drop the fork for climbing.

It doesn’t follow that slack bikes aren’t good at climbing, my Ragley is 66 IIRC but is a better climber than most- fantastic technical climber, perfectly good plodder. It’s about the whole bike, really.

johnnystorm

chestrockwell – Member
    It’s tempting me that’s for sure! Be interested to see the spec’s. Should come in the c2w bracket

Steel frame, 1×11 groupo, dropper, renthal finishing kit and made by Orange? I admnire your optimism! 😉 :mrgreen:

chestrockwell

The article says it starts at 1400 so probably priced the same as the crush. Our limit is 1500.

chestrockwell

Shouldn’t really even be the P[anything], as I’m fairly sure it was called the Prestige because it was made from Tange Prestige.

Not all Prestige’s were made from Prestige. The P7 was never a direct replacement for the Prestige, it was made to do a different job. Saying that, the ‘7th revision of the frame’ stands up as it was definitely the case for the c16/clockwork.

qwerty
    Free Member

Alex Simon Looking forward to seeing what Bird come up with. Should be similar geometry with nicer tubing for same/less money.

Any hints / links as to what they’re planning?

bungalistic
    Free Member

There was mention of a steel frame a way back: https://www.facebook.com/birdmtb.co.uk/posts/201564306695794

Not sure if they’ve posted any updated news on this plan

eddie11
    Free Member

Price? My guess is 450 for the frame and a 1600 full build that will come down to 1200 in all the shops at sale time and only then will look vaguely reasonable

AlexSimon

qwerty – Member
    Any hints / links as to what they’re planning?

There was quite a bit of talk before the launch of the Aeris.
    The only thing that gives me hope is that Ben mentioned new HTs (plural) when they launch their new website.

In the early news, there were a couple of hints that they were selecting a very special tubeset for it, but I haven’t heard much since – they’re incredibly busy fulfilling Aeris orders.

cokie

I like that! Looks better than the Richey.
    I think it’ll cost more than £1600. Halfords (and others) have similar spec without the dropper for £1500. An orange has so be at least 25% more expensive than competitors.

benpinnick

Im still working on it. We tested out some new tubing but it didnt make the grade, so new TT for the next version 🙂

And some new dropouts for extra axle compatibility too I suspect. When all said and done it will be awesome for sure, but its a while off right now Im afraid. We’re only going to do 1 steel frame so I’m going to make sure its the shizzle.

I’d like to get it in below Zero cost but thats looking tricky as we’re upping the game on the tubing to get the strength/weight ratio just right. So expect about / exactly same as the Zero price wise.

FWIW the final frame will be optimised for Wide Trail wheels… yes a new wheel buzzword for you, but one I actually buy into 😉

AlexSimon

below Zero cost

Wow – you mean you pay me!? 😉

Sounds great. I guess a Zero TR would be a good in-between bike to then swap the frame over.

NormalMan

benpinnick – Member
    We’re only going to do 1 steel frame

Will it be 650b for sure or any chance it could be 29er?

benpinnick

It will be 27.5. Ive experimented with some dark side prototypes and the issue right now is that by the time I inject enough fun into it (slacker, longer travel etc.) I find I’ve erased pretty much all the speed while having the downsides of things like heavier wheels etc, which kind of defeats the point of a 29er 🙂

I’ll get there soon enough I am sure, but the first incarnation will be alu most likely.

qwerty
    Free Member

Shirley the UK LTHT originated to slacken HA’s, now geometry has evolved into long, low and slack, why can’t we have a Slack Short Travel Hard Tail (SSTHT)? More HT travel alters HA as it blows through the travel, buggering up the geometry. Please. And, with 44mm headtubes, bolt through rear axles & 30.9+ ID seat tubes is steel really real when combined with decent tubeless rubber?

chris85
    Free Member

More HT travel alters HA as it blows through the travel, buggering up the geometry.

Stiffen the forks up, if you blow through travel too easy.
    It’s the nicest looking slack hardtail out there, loving how slack it is! hope it feels nice n lively unlike them on one’s 456’s

prawny

I’m with qwerty, not much choice below 130mm for slack hard tails. I know I could run the forks harder but I dont want to, I want them to feel decent when I’m riding normally as well as caining it (comparatively)

chiefgrooveguru

The BTR Ranger hits the spot if you want slack, long, low and shorter travel – 120mm forks, 64 or 64.5 deg head angle and 40 or 55mm BB drop in 26 or 27.5 – not cheap though!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘New Orange P7.’ is closed to new replies.