Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • New noisy neighbours' toddler up late every night
  • alaslas
    Free Member

Considering we’re (specifically I, am) struggling to function during the day after waiting for the child to go to bed as opposed to running around and screaming, then having to get up at anywhere from 5.30am and 8am to begin the morning routine with our own baby, we’re doing well to remain calm about this, I think.

I don’t want to tell someone how to live their lives or raise their kids, I just want some peace at reasonable times, e.g. after 11pm and before 6am.

ourmaninthenorth: you’re right about the psychology of it. Fortunately I’ve got a very diplomatic partner. I’d have had my speakers against the wall by now.

ourmaninthenorth

ourmaninthenorth: you’re right about the psychology of it. Fortunately I’ve got a very diplomatic partner. I’d have had my speakers against the wall by now.

OK. Send your partner. Keep everything at the reasonable level. Be happy. This sort of *** eats you up (been there) – do everything you can to avoid that feeling.

Failing that, speakers against the wall 😈

molgrips
    Free Member

I had someone playing loud music in the next house to me once. They didn’t realise how paper thin the walls were, until I put my own speakers up against the wall for about a minute 🙂

epicyclo

Why not learn the bagpipes?

The best time to practise is 6:30am.

It’s beneficial all round. You become a cultured person of talent, and your neighbours sleep pattern gets adjusted to more suitable hours. 🙂

LadyAlexMTB
    Free Member

I had a similar problem once, I know how it affects your whole life, and if you can’t relax at home its awful.
    I moved into a house I had bought to find I had neighbours who installed a tumble dryer in the cupboard under the stairs where the party wall is. Sounds like nothing doesnt it? But the thing was on every night from midnight til 4am (economy 7?) and every 90 seconds would change tumble direction. Every night lying awake waiting for the next ‘boooom’ as the direction changed. Earplugs, as you say, were useless.
    After a few weeks of sleepless nights I had a calm word. They seemed a reasonable nice family until then.
    From that point on I had loud music played continuously, the tumble dryer of course still on and abuse in the street/doorstep. When they noticed I would go in the garden when the music got too much, they put a stereo out there too.

3 months after I moved in, I moved out, back into a flatshare, and put the place up for sale.

I sold the house for 15K less than I paid for it, plus all the selling costs. It took another four years of flatshare to save up enough to buy somewhere again.

I have never regretted it. Best thing I ever did for my own sanity. And now I really understand the value of good neighbours!

I hope your situation gets resolved.

binners

You wrote off £15k for the sake of noisy neigbours? 😯 I think to rectify that situation, I’d have opted for spending a couple of hundred quid on the classifieds instead…..

😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

ladyalex

how you managed not to stick an AXE through their mains cable ill never know.

iolo
    Free Member

OP,
    You sound a lovely fellow.

Meathead

this guy’s clearly on another planet

Just bloody speak to them. Be nice. Explain it how it is. Everything will be fine.
    If you feel inadequate and unable to communicate with the neighbour ask your toddler to do it. At least your kid won’t post it on a forum.

mangatank
    Free Member

Just bloody speak to them.

Are you the neighbour? 😐

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘New noisy neighbours' toddler up late every night’ is closed to new replies.