Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • "New" motorbike time
  • kilo

I’ve become one of those sad old blokes who has gotten an example of the first motorbike they had, in my case 200cc of two stroke raw power 🙂 to recreate 1991.

Think I might have to ditch the knobblies for commuting duties and fit a speedo of some sort 😳

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Da bomb!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Keep the knoblies on, head to your nearest rup..

And wheelie down the road.

weeksy

Ace! Enjoy.

RustySpanner

That’s sooo sweet.

Passed my test on a borrowed DT125LC, but always fancied one of these.
    200cc of raw power and it’s green.
    🙂

I didn’t think there were any left.

kayla1
    Free Member

2T and 17″ wheels FTW. But, nice bike mister 😀 I had a 1990-ish DT200WR that some thieving scrote(s) helped themselves to a few years ago 🙁

redstripe
    Free Member

I had a KMX200 too in the early 90’s same colour, pretty nippy once up in the power band, uncomfortable seat and over-heated a few times. Despite that I did like it. Used to ride around the trails in the Brecon Beacons on it, was easy to pick up if dropped or pull out of boggy bits being so light. Enjoy it.

grim168
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MM4s4C]kmx200[/url] by Graham Pickup, on Flickr

core

Gotten?

Shirley not?

vongassit
    Free Member

I’ve got a hankering for an Xr400 , but decent ones seem to be asking silly money & even though I could afford it i’m to tight 😆

Might just go ahead & put my YZ426 on the road , it’s got 17″‘s & road reg’d , but it’s evil! (in lots of ways)

Back in 91 it was an MTX 125 RW 😉

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ah, the KDX 200 rattle. :D. I sort of took over from the Maico ring a ding roar. The good old days.
    I stuck a set of those forks into a Derbi Senda 50 back in the late 90’s. Much better than the originals!
    Wish I could afford my first bike now. A Gilera Enduro 50 with proper pedals. Followed by a DT175MX.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Something not right there surely. Its a KMX tank, well the graphic is. The frame has rear foot peg mounts? But KDX forks I reckon.
    Grey import? even better.

vongassit
    Free Member

Kx500’s around that era had the blue anodised upside downies irc.

pondo

Single sided rad? The KX125 had that until ’89, didn’t know the bigger bikes did. That pipe looks mid eighties!

z1ppy

Loved my black Kmx 200, blew it up got it bore ceramic coated but blew it up again (tbh I forget how long between), spent many a happy hour bimbling round looking for green lanes & the like 😀

sobriety
    Free Member

Get yer’sen over to The two stroke forum it’s full of people who know their stuff and are really helpful for the inevitable engine rebuild!

Pigface
    Free Member

A mate did some rally’s on a KMX 200 and it was awful, decent motor but pegs to far forward and suspension very lacking, the front end on that is not standard at all.

kilo

I think it has had kdx forks chucked on it, hence no speedo as the drive hasn’t been swapped over. Not sure whether to get a drive and cable off e bay or get a pushbike digital speedo and fit one of them.
    The v5 shows Kmx and it seems to match my memory of a Kmx and pictures etc on line. Does feel a bit taller than I recall which might be my old age or the fork upgrade, not checked to see if the rear shock and wheel have been upgraded as well.
    I was after a black one but they’re like hen’s teeth.

bensales
    Free Member

Ooh, buying your first bike again… I just had a google to see if any of mine still exist and turned up this…

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-FZR400-EXUP-MINI-OWO1-1WG-/191984416463?hash=item2cb329b6cf:g:n5gAAOSw8-tWXrac

I’m seriously tempted!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Always wanted a KDX 125 upside down forks and discs all round.

Nice tall seat too.

U.K. weather always put nap off motorbikes.

CountZero

Speaking of classic strokers (ooo-er, missus), I saw one of these being ridden on the M5 last week:

stevied
    Free Member

Ah, I miss my RGV250 🙁

kayla1
    Free Member

My old DT200WR-

I think it was stolen and broken for parts by some thieving **** up in Sunderland 😡

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘"New" motorbike time’ is closed to new replies.