Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New Mondeo experiences (especially compared to previous model (mk4) one)
  • nemesis
    Free Member

Has anyone got/driven one of the new Mondeos? I’m considering replacing my mk4 one with a new (well, probably a year old one) one but interested to hear real world experiences. Oh and how does the boot compare for size – is it similarly cavernous?

Mine has the 140bhp engine which is plenty but the 2.0 Diesel for the new model is 180bhp which seems OTT – any experiences of the smaller engines – 1.6 diesel or the 1.6 Ecoboost?

somouk
    Free Member

There are two 2.0 diesel engines to choose, the 180 or a lower power one I believe.

The new mondeo is just as good as the old one, boot is massive, cruises well on the motorway and seats are comfy.

The eco models get silly little wheels which spoil the look of it for me and I much prefer the estate to the hatch.

The auto gearbox is good as well so if you can stretch to it then go for one of those.

pete0773
    Free Member

I have a 15reg 180bhp Titanium X pack estate as my company car (done 16k so far) and Im really pleased with it! The sync/sat nav took a little while to get used to, oh and get parking sensors if you can ( I couldn’t) she’s a big car!! 🙂

Dansk1

Similar to above, I’ve got the estate as a company car.

It’s big. Seriously big when parking, so definitely get sensors. Good news is it’ll hold a lot of bike, I’ve had a 29er in with wheels still attached.

Led headlights are great, sat nav is terrible but irrelevant these days anyway, good on motorway, exciting as beige, lots of toys (x pack a good upgrade).

sv

The lower powered 2.0TDI ecoflex is 150bhp, getting an estate as a company car this month. Yes the one with the silly small wheels 😀

twistedpencil

How do you get a 29er in the car with the wheels on? I know my bike has a long wheel base but there isn’t a snowball in hells chance of fitting it in with wheels attached.

Mk4 estate.

Dansk1

Twistedpencil: Passenger seat forwards, brute force and no choice – forgot the Allen key needed to remove skewers.

martymac

My old subaru legacy would take a 29er with wheels on, and it ‘felt’ a fair bit smaller than a mondeo. Certainly narrower, at least.

guystabler
    Free Member

My Passat takes a 29er with wheels on ok so mondeo should be easier as much bigger!

nant
    Free Member

Yep, fit my 22″ 29er with wheels in mondeo easily admittedly mark 3.

Saw one of the new estates the other day. Looks lovely in blue.

Although I only tend to own car 10 years old. So I’ll have to wait till 2026 when it will only cost 2 grand 😆

martinhutch

Thread hijack: Are the earlier (’13,’14) Mondeos worth having, and what engine size is the best mix of performance and economy? Currently have a Focus 1.8tdci, which is good apart from appalling turbo lag.

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. Guess I’ll have to go and actually drive one 🙂

martin – 2.0 Diesel is the Mk4 sweetspot I reckon (it’s what I have – plenty fast enough, not overly thirsty if driven sensibly. There is some lag but IMO nothing excessive).

Cougar

2.0 Diesel is the Mk4 sweetspot I reckon

+1, though I never drove anything else.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

+2. I went from a 2.0 to 1.6. No better fuel economy but really lacks the acceleration.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New Mondeo experiences (especially compared to previous model (mk4) one)’ is closed to new replies.