Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New Mobile Day…What a disaster! ITTypes – Your skills are needed!
  • lamp
    Free Member

For years i’ve been perfectly happy with Samsung Android phones….

….however my colleague hasn’t….so as such he’s had a few iPhone 13 Pro’s delivered.

Now, the problem is, there doesn’t seem to be any easy way to get anything exported easily. I can live with comparing contacts and updating manually….WhatsApp however is a different story!

Does anyone out there know how to get WhatsApp messages from an Android phone that backs the WhatsApp messages to Google Drive on to the iPhone with relative ease!

My colleague is frantically scouring the web as we speak as he has 5 angry users to sort out!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

TIA

matt_outandabout

Just sign into your WhatsApp account on the iPhone and tick the box to download your backup…?

lamp
    Free Member

@matt_outandabout – doesn’t give you an option to restore from Google Drive only iCloud…which of course you don’t get to use with Android.

oceanskipper

My WhatsApp on iOS has the option to “Move chats to Android” under “Settings/Chats”. Maybe your Android one has the option to Move chats to iOS??

EDIT – just had a quick Google and it seems that Android to iOS is not supported… iOS to Android is however. 🤷‍♂️

Seems you can do it with some third party tools possibly…

MarkyG82

Save the backup file to iCloud?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New Mobile Day…What a disaster! ITTypes – Your skills are needed!’ is closed to new replies.