New microsoft flight simulator

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • New microsoft flight simulator
  • retro83

how good does this look?!

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Cool! Used to love FS back in the day.

mashr

So….. how much for a PC that’ll make it run looking like that?? Welling to sell a child to pay for it

kayla1

Do they have the Stealth Flounce model in this version?

mashr

Do they have the Stealth Flounce model in this version?

Duh, it was in the video, but… like…. stealth obvs

1981miked

Looks good. I’m considering getting myself set up with a PC and controls to start playing DCS. My Dad and brother are the computer experts so just seeking their advice as to what it will all set me back.. I suspect a fair amount.

Heard about DCS on the Fighter Pilot Podcast and lost an evening watching YouTube videos.

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes
    Subscriber

Looks good, but maybe it should have died with Meigs Field.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Hopefully MS will get a proper HOTAS stick out for the eggsbox before then…

molgrips

I fancy a joystick for Falcon and maybe other stuff, but I don’t want to go nuts. Can you get a cheap joystick with a throttle lever that’s ok?

sobriety

Thrustmaster-T-16000M-FCS is apparently the best “budget” stick I have no idea as I’m using an ancient Saitek X-52 pro, from before their QA went to shit.

Thrustmaster 1600 – stay away from Saitek.

Going to get the DCS F-14 and F-18 module, the Thrustmaster F-18 stick, a virpil base and a long throw extension and **** VR this winter.

Archer at the end of this ad will be me come December hahah

sobriety

I too will be going over to Virpil when funds allow, then upgrading my vive to the steam vr headset, provided I can find somewhere t try it out…

That’s it! We need a Singletrackworld squadron!

SFA-12 “The Big Hitters” (Singletrack fighter attack). 😀

kin love a good flight sim. After putting in hundreds of hours on ms flight sim in the past I reckon i’d have a good shot at safely bringing in a passenger jet if the pilot/copilot suddenly died on a flight. The new one due next year looks amazing. better start saving for an rtx 2180ti!

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

So….. how much for a PC that’ll make it run looking like that?? Welling to sell a child to pay for it

Ha, that’s exactly the conversation I had last night. I shudder at the thought.

Premier Icon kelron
    Subscriber

Hardware requirements might not be as high as you’re thinking, flight sims can do a lot with level of detail scaling since you’re rarely close up to anything.

Not really my area of interest but I’d love to fly around sightseeing in VR.

re controllers I have a T16000M and the build quality is excellent. Uses a magnetic sensor which doesn’t seem to get gummed up with dust or lose accuracy over time like the Saitek stick I had before. The button layout on the base isn’t great but I don’t have the HOTAS add-on which might improve it.

Flaperon

kin love a good flight sim. After putting in hundreds of hours on ms flight sim in the past I reckon i’d have a good shot at safely bringing in a passenger jet if the pilot/copilot suddenly died on a flight. The new one due next year looks amazing. better start saving for an rtx 2180ti!

Full Motion Airbus A320

Re-installed FSX last night. Quickie from Gatwick to Malaga in a 737. Forgot just how many controls there are!

Signed up to the insider program. Thanks.

Would love a go on a proper sim Flaperon!!

doris5000

i had a go on Flight Sim 3.0 when I was about 11. I thought it was ok until I discovered a) there was nothing to shoot down, b)there were no missiles, and c) there was therefore no point 😆

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

Meh, its nae Harrier Attack.

Meh, its nae Harrier Attack.

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy
    Subscriber

i had a go on Flight Sim 3.0 when I was about 11. I thought it was ok until I discovered a) there was nothing to shoot down, b)there were no missiles, and c) there was therefore no point

Hah, a very similar experience to me. I know people enjoy different things but hyper realistic flight sims seems a strange idea to me. I watched someone streaming a flight sim on Twitch a while back (OK I get that’s even less entertaining than flying in one yourself), he was doing some long real-time flight. He was already in the air on autopilot when I noticed the stream, watched briefly and checked back a few hours later and he was still just flying on autopilot (but constantly checking everything). I guess if sim hours still count towards pilot licence requirements I can see the point but otherwise???

sobriety

Some sims do count, but I don’t think ones you fly on your desktop at home do. Iirc it’s got to be a full fidelity cockpit set up.

I’m not a fan of modern fast jet simulators, they’re too finicky for me to sink the time into. Too many buttons! I’m more of a check control surfaces, set prop pitch to fine, set the mixture to rich, turn on the magnetos, prime, ignition and away pilot.

DCS has lots of realism toggles – 1 switch start – easy lock ons etc. They have a sister product called Flaming Cliffs as well, which has the same flight model but dumbed down systems – for a simpler experience.

If you like that kind of sim though, IL2 Stalingrad/Kuban/Moscow is probably a good place to start.

DCS also has some early 50s late 60s jets as well – which are a bit simpler.

sobriety

IL2 is indeed what I have. (and war thunder, but that’s not a real sim, even in sim mode;-)

Mikkel

they just need a model of the OV-10 Bronco, until i can fly that in it i will stick with Prepare3D

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.