Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Meta AM 29
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Unlike the recently announced 2021 Meta TR29 the AM29 seems to have been released quietly and appeared on their webshop today Commencal linky

It looks an interesting Enduro-sled with a super slack 63.6 head and 78.6 seat angles, along with reasonably generous reach but not so long chainstays.

Ohlins

The build options top out with Ohlins and feature Fox forks for other models, but interestingly the fork on the base and mid priced models is blurred out and details with held on the spec sheet.

Blurred fork

ta11pau1

Given that the rest of the build on the blurred fork models is sram, and all the higher models have 38mm forks…

I think the new Rockshox 38mm enduro fork will be released on the 7th July 😁

marksnook
    Free Member

Was just coming here to see if anyone had mentioned the meta am yet. Went on the commencal site randomly and it was all there!
    Looks like some real good changes. That Öhlins model looks tidy!
    A mate has last years one and while nice it rides like you are sat up high. Still a weighty beast but jury is still out with me if that matters!

tomaso
    Free Member

This is what google said about 38mm Rockshox
    pinkbike rumour mill

tomaso
    Free Member

The base model comes with these that appear to be Lyriks and the blurred models are high up the range
    meta lyrik

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s the new RockShox Zeb.

I have an ebike coming with one on.

ogden
    Free Member

It’s the new RockShox Zeb.

I have an ebike coming with one on.

Care to say any more?

tomaso
    Free Member

Hob Nob
    It’s the new RockShox Zeb

I wonder where they got the name Zeb from?

Boing

On the details spec it says the frame comes with double row Enduro bearings. Trek spec these too on my Slash. They don’t seem to last longer but coet twice as much.

honourablegeorge

Bang a new EP8 motor in that Ohlins one and 700Wh battery and I’m in

garryfmacdonald
    Free Member

Here is Yoann Barelli riding his 2021 Meta Am29. He seems a bit mad and endearing and has amazing bike skills and commitment.

Lionheart
    Free Member

What a bonkers trail!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Woof

sillyoldman

Indeed, but sadly out of stock, and pretty porky once you’ve attached a suitable shock to it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Meta AM 29’ is closed to new replies.