Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New mattress recommendations.
  • vermillion
    Free Member

After using the same mattress for the last 25 years, I’ve decided that I need a new one.
    The current mattress is still structurally sound but it’s original pattern has slowly been replaced by another one.

I’m looking for recommendations. A few of the memory foam type ones look good. Just wondering what’s the best I could get for about £500.
    So far, the Dormeo Octosmart and Emma mattress has caught my eye but Nectar and Simba also seem to have good reviews.
    TIA.

jam-bo

IKEA.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ikea hovag, superb.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Yeah gotta agree, had an ikea mattress for the last two years and it’s really comfortable. Hovag I think it is but yeah definitely recommend it.

grum
    Free Member

Otty

mick_r

Ikea Hovag pocket sprung. Just replaced our old Hypnos with one and very happy (and 1/4 of the price). Tried it a few times in-store against their £500 pocket sprung and there was hardly any difference (apart from Hovag only £180 and much more convenient as comes rolled up for easy transport).

Our teenage kids have been using the single version for a few years and they seem to be lasting well.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Get a matress topper to go over it. Makes a world of difference to the comfort without reducing the support. Also cheaper to replace

phil5556

We’ve just ordered one of the Otty hybrid ones. No idea what it will be like but I keep waking up aching & grumpy as ours is knackered – it’ll definitely be better than that.

granny_ring

Jeez 25 years!!!
    Also got a Hovag. Even the medium to firm is quite firm so I’m using a cheap topper but considering getting on of these
    https://www.dormeo.co.uk/sale/mattress-topper-sale-offers.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuOrKqMmc7gIVAZayCh2sEQiTEAAYAiAAEgKvyvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Anyone used these?

Poopscoop

My God man.

Even if you have been single and just knocking one out every Friday as a treat it shouldn’t be structurally sound after 25 years.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m looking for recommendations. A few of the memory foam type ones look good. Just wondering what’s the best I could get for about £500.

I’d be wary of getting a memory foam mattress if you’ve not tried one before, they can be much hotter to sleep on than a pocket sprung as are much less breathable. Hybrids are a decent compromise but even then it depends on how thick the memory foam layer is.

oldfart

Hypnos Orthocare, treat yourself 😎

Cougar

Go to shop (when you’re allowed).

Lie on all the mattresses.

buy the one you like.

You spend fully a third of your life in bed. This isn’t something I’d want to scrimp on nor buy blind. Recommendations are all well and good but no-one else has your back.

Rich_s

Premier Inn by Hypnos. 525 delivered.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 25 years!

+ 2 IKEA

rogermoore

Will stretch you budget but iGel from bensons.
    RM.

joefm

We have a Simba. It’s a hybrid I think. Most comfortable one and similar to the previous smaller mattress that didn’t cost a fortune when we tried them out at John Lewis. They often have offers too.
    some of the online ones like simba have a money back offer too.

Kamakazie

I thought the med/firm Hovag was really soft, as were all but one of the Ikea mattresses so definitely go test them yourself….. though I’d expect anything will feel firm against your current one.
    John Ryan seems to get loads of good feedback but prices are steadily rising so not sure they are as good value as they might have been.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

+1 on the simba. The edges are soft but have a look at alan’s review if you can get past the hair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3UgXPhJ5mI

phil5556

A 40 minute video about mattresses 😳😳

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New mattress recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.