Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • New mag launch – Sender Mag
  • Dark-Side

It looks like a new print mag aimed at the DH/Enduro crowd is about to launch. I think there is certainly a gap in the market since Dirt ceased publishing. I like that this is a quality pub printed on heavier paper stock with an emphasis on imagery a la Cranked/Rouleur/STW.

Good luck to all involved: http://sendermagstore.bigcartel.com

#edit# I have nothing to do with mag in question BTW, I saw it pop up on Descent World.

kayla1
    Free Member

Hmm… yeah, ok, go on then… I’ll give it a go.

wl
    Free Member

Great to see a new mag out and good luck to it. Not bothered about posh paper and a £10 price tag though, so I’ll not bother with it myself. Dirt was always fine and affordable (even if you did need a decoder for Steve Jones’ writing).

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ah’m in! Just ain’t the same sitting in a deck chair with a beer and a phone 😕

dirtyboy

Bought ready for 2 week’s cruise around Norway soon.

colournoise

Like a good print mag. I’ll give issue 1 a chance.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Bones mend, press send

scc999

It’s not £10 it’s £12.

That includes shippig, but it’s impossble to get without shipping – so its £12.

rs
    Free Member

$25 canadian, can’t do it, but looks good though.

tomhoward

Will give it a whirl

Leigh2612
    Free Member

I’ve ordered but £12, ouch

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I don’t want to be dismissive here, I’m a massive print fan due to my background, but I will be really amazed if they can beat what PinkBike do with their coverage of DH, and at that price I can download the PB pics and words an make my own issue and get it printed.
    Fingers crossed and I’ll be keeping and optimistic eye open on the site,

squirrelking
    Free Member

That’s a fat looking magazine, assuming it’s the same size as Shredder you’ll be getting roughly twice the content. So twice the price.

(nothing to do with Shredder)

rocketman
    Free Member

Issue one features: Josh Bryceland… with Brendan Fairclough on the cover.

I’m out 🙂

riklegge

Has anyone that’s ordered a copy received theirs yet?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Needs more beards and axes.

Dark-Side

riklegge – Member
    Has anyone that’s ordered a copy received theirs yet?

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yes, mine came at the weekend, it’s exactly what I was hoping it would be, to be honest. I’ve been good and put it away until my holiday in August They need to up their sticker game though 😀

nickc

ordered last week, no mag yet.

tomhoward

Same here…

wwaswas

It may just be me and my social media bubble but it feels liek this has had a far softer roll out than, say, Cranked?

I’ve ordered a copy havign seen it mentioned on a thread here but it was only in passing and I’d have missed it quiet easily (I hadn’t seen this thread)

kayla1
    Free Member

No mag yet here either. I ordered the set of Shredder as well and they’re a good read so far.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’d buy the third issue. The first one won’t be typical of the content (had ages to collect good stuff) the second issue will be stuff that didn’t make issue one. Third issue is the one that will give you a realistic idea about what goes in each month.

dirtyboy

No sign of magazine here either

scc999

Nor here.

tomhoward

Anyone else suspicious that the OP is the only one to have received it? When should we expect them?

kayla1
    Free Member

It does say on the T&Cs page on their website-

“Shipping: Please allow up to 10 working days to receive your order. International shipping times may vary.”

I’ve got nothing to do with the mag but I’m going to give it until next Tuesday (10 working days after I ordered) before I release the hounds*.

* open a paypal case.

edit- but the FB page hasn’t been updated since January… hmmm… does the fishy thing smell fishy?

edit again- maybe the 10 working days thing is to allow time to get a batch printed? 😆

tomhoward

Fair enough.

*puts down pitch fork, for now*

Edit: oh really…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Nothing here, but forget when I ordered. Still active on Insta.

I’ve ordered but £12, ouch

Yeah, see what it’s like.

I still miss The Albion TBH, and I’ve not ridden BMX in over a decade.

Dark-Side

tomhoward – Member
    Anyone else suspicious that the OP is the only one to have received it? When should we expect them?

🙄

dirtyboy

Had a response from an email earlier today.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for buying Sender!

We do state in our terms and conditions that it can take up to 10 working days.

The Royal Mail is averaging 3-4 days but we’ve had a few that have taken 7-8 days and for no clear reason.

Your should arrive next week.

Cheers,

Olly

So we can put down the pitchforks for now.

£12 come on really and your buying it !

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s “you’re”, and try some more of these-

. , ! ?

while your (sic) at it.

edit- yes, I’ve bought a copy. I like reading about bikes and stuff and a screen isn’t really the same as paper, is it, plus I can afford to give it a go so why wouldn’t I? If it turns out to be a monster scam it’s hardly Brink’s-Mat. 😆

Dark-Side

If you don’t want to pay postage, it looks like some LBS will be stocking it too

SENDER magazine is here! Issue one, don't miss out!

Posted by The Trailhead Bicycle Company on Thursday, July 20, 2017

scandal42
    Free Member

Me no buy bike mags anymore.

They encourage the spendy part of my brain a little too much.

mamadirt
    Free Member

JD loves it at it makes him look huge!! Think I may need to get me some glasses though – the print is tiny.

nickc

Got mine this morning. brief look through, and first impressions is that it’s pretty good

thumbs up from me 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

Gaaaaaaagh! Where’s me stuff??!!1!11!

edit- oh, there’s me stuff 😆 It’s just landed.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

I was just coming to ask if anyone had got theirs yet, and the postman came just at that moment! Quick thumb through, looks good.

clubby

Mine arrived today as well. Looks like they were saving up orders for one big trip to the post office 🙂
    Looks good and got that proper toxicky printing smell that indy mags should have.
    Smaller page format than I expected though, for some reason was expecting a Cranked/Privateer size.

dirtyboy

Yup mine arrived, put away for holibobs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘New mag launch – Sender Mag’ is closed to new replies.