• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New low…where to buy decent cotton socks 🤣
  • hopefiendboy

Need to do the annual sock.pirge and bring all the socks in the household into alignment. So, where would be a good place to get.some non sweaty decent quality sets of cotton socks. Probably about 20 to 30 pairs!?

New STW low for.me ^ 🤣

maccruiskeen

Costco for their 4 packs of Pringle socks

Esme
    Free Member

Top tip:
    Buy 20-30 identical pairs, then you don’t need to match them up.
    Or worry about losing an odd sock 🙂

maccruiskeen

Top tip:
    Buy 20-30 identical pairs, then you don’t need to match them up.
    Or worry about losing an odd sock 🙂

which is why I buy them in bulk every few years from Costco. Although 30 pairs seems a bit excessive – do you have one family communal sock drawer?

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

If you fancy getting flash, Pantherella!
    Tonic socks anyone?

Yak

This is worse than the tin-opener thread.
    Yeah – communal socks. Median size, black. M&S last time. This plan is always scuppered by MiL buying everyone novelty socks at Christmas though.

perchypanther
    Free Member

If you fancy getting flash, Pantherella!

My favourite pantomime.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Oh no it isn’t!

TheGingerOne

Used to be M&S, now Next.

Murray

Socks? I keep a pair by the shoes for the odd occasion I leave the house. Let your feet breathe!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use injinji socks, not for everyone, I know.

Several identical pairs but I still sew little coloured dots in each pair so they can live their life as a pair.

No one wants one slightly faded slightly baggy sock and one nearly new one. That sort of imbalance can really screw up your day.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Several identical pairs but I still sew little coloured dots in each pair so they can live their life as a pair.

No one wants one slightly faded slightly baggy sock and one nearly new one. That sort of imbalance can really screw up your day.

Buy the ones with coloured toes. Makes life a whole lot easier.

johnhe

I find it really hard to get socks with a high enough cotton content. The last time I looked at Next (or anywhere else), there was white a low percentage of cotton in the mix mix. Les Ethan 80% if I’m right.

So M&S fresh feet rule for me. From memory, they’re about 98% cotton.

footflaps

All mine are M&S and not bought any for many years as they just last so well….

CountZero

All mine are M&S and not bought any for many years as they just last so well…

Exactly right. I always buy M&S cotton-rich sport socks in black. Matching isn’t quite as easy as one might think, because M&S have changed the actual structure a couple of times over the years, so they’re not identical – as I still have some that are at least ten years old, if not older, there’s a bit more to matching pairs up, something that my g/f grumbles about! I’ve got one orphan sock that I can’t find it’s twin, but it’ll turn up eventually.
    I think I buy a new pack every year, then bin any that have gone threadbare at the heel, but I don’t need to do that this year. 😁

dudeofdoom

I’ve been getting my socks from On-One/Planet-x for as long as I can remember tbh.

Normally stock up in the sock sales 🙂

mehr
    Free Member

Funnily enough I did my yearly boxer/socks clear out and replace today and can attest to the quality of marks socks

Buy 3 packs get the 4th free,

hugo
    Free Member

As a man with a sweatier foot than most, I can recommend decent quality polyester dress socks pretending to be cotton.

Some places have em, some don’t, but I’m sure not in the UK so don’t have a specific shop.

Would highly recommend though!

DrJ

M&S – but I find that even if they start out identical, the ones most used start to look a bit different, so then a random pair don’t quite match !!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New low…where to buy decent cotton socks 🤣’ is closed to new replies.