Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • New Look Ibis: Birds Are Real
  • jamesmio
    Free Member

Geoff Moorhouse is the man for head tube badges
    https://www.instagram.com/headbadge/?hl=en

Made me a beautiful Cotic one out of pewter for my old Soul – it’s a work of art.

*EDIT – looks like he’s winding things down due to health reasons, bugger.

eyestwice
    Free Member

The 55mm chainline, which is 3mm wider than the previous standard, allows for a wider and stiffer chainstay.

But. Does it really? REALLY? Will anyone notice the extra width and stiffness offered by 3mm.

3mm.

If a reviewer can genuinely feel the difference, I’ll eat one of my (cycling) helmets.

thepodge
    Free Member

Rebranding is the hallmark of someone who has run out f ideas.

Name a bike brand who have rebranded & then not lost status in the market.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gazzab1955

Nice one @rocketdog
    Some of those badges are awesome even at $100, nice way to customise the bike, particularly like the sheep and Death Star one

https://www.headbadges.com/portfolio.html

Gribs

I had to google what a “word mark” was. It’s pretty poor showing off your new (much worse) headtube badge underneath bars using your previous “word mark”.

alanclarke

Just trying to remember if the expensive bike I’ve had for last 4 years has a head badge or not…no, I have no idea, will have to have a look next time

robertajobb

What utter bollyx – no wonder they are so over-priced when they piish away time and money to come up with this gash.
    It looks shiiite too – something more suited to a catalogue bike costing £149 inc. Pedals and reflectors.

My Shand has a proper nice metal head tube badge. 😎

Sorry to hear folks have got broken Ibis. But somehow I never get surprised by that fact.

jameso

I love the reactions to re-brands. I’ve worked on them with agencies and in-house teams and the first reaction I have is usually kept to myself as it’s often wrong or too personal and later I see it differently. So much depends on who the brand is targeting and it can be hard to detach and see it from a different pov.

There’s a general homogenisation of logos, car design, bikes, everything. We buy products because of what others think, to a greater extent than most of us realise or would admit to. So the greater the market size a brand aims at, over time and greater exposure the more same-y most logos or designs become. Ibis are doing what so many brands have done already.

There’s also some first-class waffle in that press release.

jameso

blanding

Blanding

ayjaydoubleyou

But. Does it really? REALLY? Will anyone notice the extra width and stiffness offered by 3mm.

3mm.

If a reviewer can genuinely feel the difference, I’ll eat one of my (cycling) helmets.

can be interpreted in different ways. if they mean specifically the chainstay, then increasing the available space (with suitable clearances) between tyre and chainring could be significant, say from 10mm to 13mm.

As the stiffness of a thin walled tube is proportional to the cube of its diameter, going from 10 to 13mm, all else being equal, has mre than doubled its stiffness.

But what this does to the overall rear end stiffness, ie what a rider can feel, is anyones guess and determined by the entire system, not just a stiffer chainstay.

t0mislav

Ibis was once one of the only irreverent and genuinely humorous brands in this sport, which really is like golf at this point. Look up their infamous Xmas cards in the 90s if you’ve never seen. Maybe the immense success of the AF bikes has made the marketing staff very powerful. What a complete load of shxte that press release is, and the new graphics, ugh.

michael02

From the folk that brought us moron tubing and the famous hand job, we now like to pressent you bored and blant, what next beige bikes ?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.