Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • new light? not trouties /dx p7
  • bikerbruce
    Free Member

as above £220 is maximum budget, i'm looking specifically at the exposure range diablo/toro.
    Any comparison with my current light blackburn x3?lumen count etc.
    or generall comment
    thanks
    Bruce

bikerbruce
    Free Member

bump.
    because im bored

Trailseeker
    Free Member

I'm selling a 1000 lumen set of Lumis http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-lights

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikerbruce
    Free Member

how heavy is that set up? and can it be helemet mounted….that the attraction of the diablo….also airbike lights loook good for lumens .

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Just stuck them on the scales & the lot comes in at 588 grams – lighter than Lumicycle quote!
    The lamp units are 72grams so very light & I think that weight includes the bar mount that would be removed if helmet mounting
    http://www.lumicycle.com/product/146/halo_unit/lamp-unit.html
    Helmet mount kits are available here (includes extention lead) http://www.lumicycle.com/product/58/hel_kit1/helmet-kit-for-one-lamp-unit.html

mrchrispy

just got the planet-x mail shot and the Airbike and LUU deals they are doing look pretty **** good.

900 lumen SL2 for 100 notes…if my DX order hadn't just moved to "Order Received – in stock" I'd be canceling and getting one from Brant and Co

shortcut

try http://www.four4th.co.uk

they have some pretty good lights within budget.

brant
    Free Member

Brant and Co

I left in February, FWIW.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I have a Lupine Tesla, great little light and works perfectly on your lid. £225 from Swinnertons

Dont let the 700 lumens fool you either, the optics are so good it is as bright as a Hope 4.

z1ppy

Lupine tesla, only £175 overpriced.

Duggie Style – Member
    I have a Lupine Tesla, great little light and works perfectly on your lid. £225 from Swinnertons

Dont let the 700 lumens fool you either, the optics are so good it is as bright as a Hope 4.

That's because the quoted 960 lm of the Hope is closer to 700lm.

Saying that, I have one and I'm very pleased with it.

grantway
    Free Member

The Four4th looked ok until I noticed that you seem
    to have to change each lens to create each setting on the light.

Just gone through this months Mountain Biking in there light review
    there is a Leddite Luma C £150 scores an 8

shortcut

on the four4th you can change the lense to give you either a flood, mid, or spot light. On most lights you don't get the choice.

as standard you have 2 settings, high and low. low is about the same as an exposure joystick. high is a lot brighter.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

thanks guys…im stil uming and aring…

Ewan
    Free Member

I've seen the Four4th lights in the flesh. Given they're not expensive compared to some, they're the only ones that are making me um and ah about just getting the deal extreme light. Seriously bright, very nicely made, and most importantly don't look like someone has knocked them up in a bedroom and slapped a 200 quid price tag on. The bar / helmet mount predefined angles thing is a work of genesis.

The helmet light battery is *tiny* as well.

(FYI I don't have any connection to Four4th what so ever, beyond having seen a set on a ride)

CountZero

The Leddite Luma is a DX Bike light. Fact. If you look at the review it says you can buy the light for $80 from the Far East, (Deal Extreme), all you need for the DX light is a plug adaptor costing about a quid. Buy the DX from source and save £100. The AirBike light from On-One uses the same SSC P7 emitter, but is much more 'floody'. This I know as I have both lights. The AirBike is perhaps a bit better made, but the DX is just as good, and a lot cheaper. You can also get P7 torches from DX which produce the same 700 (not 900) lumens as the Exposure lights, just not as stylish, and will cost about $40, around £20, plus another tenner for a couple of 18560 batteries and a charger. You'll save yourselves around £200. Yes, I've got a DX Aurora SSC P7 torch, which is incredibly bright, with a tighter spot than the DX.

grantway
    Free Member

Ok thanx for that Short cut
    Only just looking at Lights myself.

grantway
    Free Member

Xipe Totec you got a direct link to this site and also one for the torch

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

I want a light that can be toggled between lo/hi without going through flash/off cycle first (most of my riding is on the road, single lane unlit country roads). Something along the lines of the he exposure strada, but £220 seems a lot for 480 lumen light.

I'll probably keep up with the indecision untill next april by which time i won't need a new light.

Though a smudge battery with a lumi lamp might do the job (no dip mode though).

bikerbruce
    Free Member

just received a maxx joystick….which is very bright..so how much better will a toro be??!?!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘new light? not trouties /dx p7’ is closed to new replies.