Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New ish car/van?
  • donkeydave

Hi we are toying with the idea of getting rid of our Skoda fabia estate cannot fit a tow bar and do not fancy bikes on the roof.

Would like something that you could easily fit 2 bikes inside wheels on, without loads of faff, also needs to have four seats and be a nice place to be and drive.

Oh and petrol is a must and something the wife could happily drive so the smaller the better, I know this is counter productive but she would not be happy in a big van as she keeps telling me.

A tardis?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Petrol van? The car based ones then? Take a transit custom out for a test drive, another thread said they can have the bulkhead taken out and there is a minibus/taxi version

parkesie
    Free Member

Skoda roomster berlingo, Ford tourneo connect or vw cadi maxi thing.

donkeydave

Yeah car based ones, must be petrol as in the week used for short journeys  if at all and we have had trouble with diesels in the past, also worried about future tax etc.

matt_outandabout

Skoda fabia estate cannot fit a tow bar

Why not? This surprises me.

donkeydave

Its the monte carlo version and has not been type approved, went to my local tow bar place to get and quote and was very miffed when he showed me the towing weight sticker that said nothing by it.

He said some places would fit one but it would be illegal and could void insurance etc.

Have since looked into it more and he is right, gutted.

Standard fabias can have towbars!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New ish car/van?’ is closed to new replies.