Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • new iPhone, all apps are stuck ‘loading’
  • big_scot_nanny

Hi folks,

new iPhone, transferred everything from old phone. All apple stuff is fine, but any app that is not native apple is stuck ‘loading’, been there for 24hrs now.

I done me some googling, and tried everything I could find – sign out of App Store and back in, same with Apple ID, restarted phone etc. no dice.

If I go into the list of purchased apps int eh App Store it shows the list with a cloud and arrow icon, tapping on that does nothing, only shows cycle for a second then goes back to cloud.

Only options seems to eb to delete the app then find it again from the App Store. that works. But by god thats going to be a slow process.

Any other ideas?

timmys

In the absence of any other advice (or unless this is how you have already tried it), I would consider starting the process again – wipe new phone and go with the bulletproof option of wired backup to a computer and then restoring the new phone from that. If you use the encrypted backup option it will also copy over all passwords, which I am not sure other methods do.

You can get weirdness if the old phone has already been updated to a slightly newer version of iOS than the new one shipped with. If that is the case, set up new phone as a new phone (don’t transfer anything), update it, then wipe/restore to factory, and go again. Though to be honest, I’m sure it tells you if that is the problem.

Drac

I had this last year with my 11, it seem to sort itself out after awhile by which a couple of days.

If you use the encrypted backup option it will also copy over all passwords, which I am not sure other methods do.

They do especially if you use keychain. I’ve never used a computer to transfer an iPhone d over for years.

big_scot_nanny

OK, so I only have my new phone now (already wiped the old one – in retrospect rather hastily), but with the old one it of course did iCloud backups and I made sure to do one before I reset it.

I should mention, there was a LOT of shenanigans last night with EE and getting my eSIM working on the new phone, so I am extremely reluctant to reset everything. EE were great, it was just a faff and took a long time to sort.

So, if taking off and nuking from orbit is the only other option, maybe I am better just to do the apps one by one. Poop!

My old phone was on OS15.01, and the new one just on 15 initially, which it then updated. Maybe that caused the bug.

FWIW, I had an 8 plus, got a little frustrated with the size so went to a 2020 SE. loved the wee size, but hated battery life and really the screen was far too small for both my old eyes and fat fingers. Now on a 13 Pro – holy shit thats an lovely screen and phone to use. except for this bloody issue of course.

big_scot_nanny

And, the very threat of the nuclear option proves that apple is indeed listening. AS I sit here, after 24hrs of ‘loading’, suddenly everything just kicked in all at once.

how odd!

Drac

Yup, I think what happened with mine was downloading slowly the rest queued behind it.

euain

I think it brings all the background application data over behind the scenes. For me there were a couple of (actually 4) GB of WhatsApp, same in maps for OutdoorsGB etc… It took a couple of hours to sort itself out (on decent fibre) but everything was in place once it was done.

phil5556

Are you using decent WiFi? I tried to do it on my work WiFi once and it looked like it was working but just never actually downloaded everything (or it did, but extremely slowly).

I’m not sure it will do it over mobile data because Apple don’t like to allow you to if the app is over a certain size (maybe 300mb?)

hooli

I had this with my new phone and was advised that signing out of icloud and back in kick starts things.

zilog6128

I’m not sure it will do it over mobile data because Apple don’t like to allow you to if the app is over a certain size (maybe 300mb?)

you can do it over mobile but there are a couple of different options that need to be set, no idea if it’s the default or not!

highpeakrider
    Free Member

i just had that on the wives new one, just powered it off and off a few times and they then loaded quickly.

or try https://macreports.com/ios-apps-stuck-loading-on-iphone-or-ipad-how-to-fix/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘new iPhone, all apps are stuck ‘loading’’ is closed to new replies.