Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • new hope sram eagle jockey wheels
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone using the new sram specific 12/14t hope jockey wheels that have recently come out? i had a set of superstar ones which lasted ok but were narrow wide specific so didnt align very well- had them cut down by someone on here which worked great but since sold the mech with those on

hopes are only as dear as the superstar ones, and much better than the crap stock ones, any thing to report and work ok?

v7fmp

ooooh, didnt know these existed. I could do with a new set, as i have lost a tooth on one of them.

The originals are nylon/plastic, will metal ones make much odds? Increased wear on the chain? I would assume not, as the cassette and chainring are metal anyways…?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the metal ones are a touch louder if you dont keep your chain lubed, but the metal ones, (superstars i had) are more precise with each shift, hard to explain but it just feels quicker to engage and less vague than the nylon ones – they are also much easier keep clean than the plastic ones too

ill probably take a punt cant imagine the hope ones havent been tested properly

honourablegeorge

oscillatewildly

hopes are only as dear as the superstar ones, and much better than the crap stock ones, any thing to report and work ok?

Where do you see them cheap? I see the 12 tooth ones in lots of places, but the 12/14 are pricier

https://r2-bike.com/HOPE-pulley-set-Jockey-Wheels-12-14-teeth-black

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

https://www.fishfacecycles.com/product/components/jockey-wheels/hope-14t12t-jockey-wheels-red-hjw003r/

about as cheap as ive seen them – should last a fair while id expect too being metal

honourablegeorge

Nice…. I will be interested to hear how they go

There are a few others along the same lines, Alugear and Barbaruk do them (search on R2)

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yeh have seen them – but still as dear, i saw a advert for these on a bike festival a while back, but didnt actually know they had been released to public, only googled them as my current gx ones are buggered and chewed up – i will get some hopefully fitted soon

aide

Hope these are OK, have been looking for a replacement set for my jockey wheels which are on the way out. Ordered the ones @oscillatewildly. linked to above

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Ordered some through my lbs today as I had pop in, thought may as well help them a bit more, every little helps… hopefully have them in a few days they will be spot on I’m sure being hope

windyg
    Free Member

I have been using Nukeproof jockeys for the last few months and they have been perfect and much quieter compared to stock and the awful superstar ones

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.