Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • New Hope Pro 2's?
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Heard rumours that there are revised designs for 2011? is this so, and if so what if any are the differences? – just wondering whether to hunt down a wheelset right now, or wait until the new ones come out….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Interesting. Hope someone is up to speed on the gossip.

M6TTF
    Free Member

leisure lakes are listing them as available from Jan, but not an awful lot of info – nowt on the hope site

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Smarty
    Free Member

there was some info on STW recently
    , I’m just trying to find it

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

is this the pro II evo or something i’ve heard about? Ah-ha found it.

2011 Dirt 100 give a place to the Hope Pro II Evo Hubs:

If you’re going down the custom built wheel route then its hard to beat a set of hope hubs as the starting point and from 2011 they’ve got even better. these new pro II evo hubs have pinched the high quality stainless steel bearings and the freehub body from the Pro III hubs, which now means even longer service intervals and easier 12mm bolt through conversion on the rear. The one thing that stays the same though when you buy a pair of Hope Hubs is that you get the best customer service and backup imaginable (they even offer complete wheel builds). With everything made right here in the UK getting hold of spares and advice is never an issue, and for that reason alone they deserve a space in the Dirt 100

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

next question is. Do hope hoops come with these yet or do we have to wait longer for it to trickle through to them?

M6TTF
    Free Member

my thoughts exactly – can you fit the stainless bearings and freehub to the current pro2’s as an upgrade?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Assuming these will be a bit dearer too? Anyone got a link to some cheap current pro2 hoops? 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Better bearings! Just what Pro 2s so desperately need IMO. That could tempt me back, but I’ve sycessfully upgraded both bikes to the older XC hubs now, which last longer, so there’s no rush 🙂

M6TTF
    Free Member

Surely there are better bearings available aftermarket you can use instead?

Anthony
    Free Member

My Pro3 freehub bodies appeared to be exactly the same as all my Pro2 ones.

Is it just that they now have stainless bearings in them then and just a slight typo?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Obvious upgrades, let’s hope the bearing issues are sorted.

sticking with Shimano until then.

18bikes

From what Hope have told us;

– Pro 2 Evo replaces current Pro 2 on both hub and hoop packages
    – All stock from them in Jan onwards will be Evo
    – Slight price increase
    – Uses same internals as Pro3, so stainless bearings and rear axle that swaps with just end caps, rather than needing to change axle and end caps when swapping.

Pre order with us, from, err, NOW!

spock
    Free Member

they should re-releasde the xc hubs, excellent hubs, a freind got ten years out of one set of bearings

M6TTF
    Free Member

Thanjs for the info 18bikes – any special pre order offers 😉

18bikes

I should think so, just working that out…
    quick news story and offer on current Pro2 Hoops in the meantime…

cynic-al
    Free Member

no firm info on price?

M6TTF
    Free Member

prices are on their site cynicAL

18bikes

Pro2 EVO Front hub £60
    Pro2 EVO Rear hub £145 (10mm bolt in/150mm x 12/trials are £155)

Pro 2 EVO Front Hoop £120
    Pro 2 EVO Rear Hoop £210

Pro 2 EVO Straight Pull Front Hoop £135
    Pro 2 EVO Straight Pull Rear Hoop £230

Hope are back in 4th Jan, we’ll be sorting orders then. I’ll work out a preorder offer and code for the site on that…

M6TTF
    Free Member

top stuff Si – look forward to it!

boxelder

Si,
    Do you have any 29″ wheels?

simonbowns
    Free Member

Use code “evoevoevo” for 10% off preorder on pairs of Pro2 EVO Hoops, until 10th Jan. Should see stock before then anyhow! We’ll still honour our free tubeless bits on Stans setups, along with offer to swap front adaptors as required.

Boxelder – nothing as stock, we can build almost anything though!? Hope not offering 29er Hoops, if that’s what you meant?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

liking the sound of all that 18bikes/Si. just to confirm some stuff though:
    – The flow rims are black as standard? not white like I see everywhere?
    – I understand that you can put a 15mm front axle in instead of the 20mm?
    but what’s the extra price for a 12×135 rear? what with the new method of changing the rear axle?
    – the flow rims come ready for tubeless?

sorry for confirmation on those as i think they’re mentioned several times but i’m just happy to find what i want from somewhere!

18bikes

oh piddle, I’m having right cock up day of logging in/out, wrong names and all that!

anyhow;

– black as standard, just sold our last pair of pro2/white flow, I need to check with Hope that we can still get these – were £10 more for the pair
    – free swap to 15mm adaptors, yes
    – £12 for end caps, we can fit if you wanted. you’d also get the standard QR ones.

jools182
    Free Member

@ 18bikes

how much are those red pro 2’s going for?

boxelder

Was thinking of some crest 29ers. They’d be a fair bit more than std hoops I guess?.

Andituk
    Free Member

– black as standard, just sold our last pair of pro2/white flow, I need to check with Hope that we can still get these – were £10 more for the pair

Damn, was too indecisive and not quick enough then 😆

Let us know what the score us with the white rims when you find out.

hoochylala
    Free Member

thanks for the heads up 18bikes – just what I have been looking for – just put an order in for a pair of the ‘old’ pro 2’s 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

What’s changed with the new freehub body?

simonbowns
    Free Member

retro – afaik it’s the same as the pro3 one, so different internals/bearings to take a larger diameter axle.

retro83
    Free Member

cheers Simon

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Is there a weight difference with the new pro2’s?

Andituk
    Free Member

Any news on white flows? 😉

18bikes

Hope are running a little late with the Pro 2 EVO – now looking like Feb.

White Flow continues as an option – Pro 2 continues at the mo, will be replaced as a rolling change onto EVO, so provided they’ve still got stock, the white flow continues as an option with EVO.

Weight – I doubt any major difference.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Would this change solve the issue with maxles breaking?

Northwind

Might do. Depends if they’ve done as awful a job of designing the axle really.

salex
    Free Member

Hi!
    Does anybody know how rear Hope Evo hub sounds like? Is it similar to old Pro 2 or is there any difference?

messiah
    Free Member

Machanism is the same so I suspect it sounds the same – bearing size/type and axle configuration is the only difference.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Does anybody know how rear Hope Evo hub sounds like? Is it similar to old Pro 2 or is there any difference?

I’ve just had a pair of evo2’s on 29er crest rims. Cracking new wheel when it’s released. Sound is exactly the same thankfully….

robsoctane
    Free Member

it’s August 2011 & I’m looking at a new back wheel. I want to buy one of Hope’s new cassette designs on the evo 2 but can’t find them. What happened..?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘New Hope Pro 2's?’ is closed to new replies.