Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • New Hope mtb
  • LeeW

I did have a quick search but not seen owt.

HB 160

£7500 – but you get to choose your anodising colour on Hope finishing kit.

Fab video doing the rounds on FB, all made in the UK.

Rorschach
    Free Member

all made in the UK

Apart from the tyres,rims,forks,shock,chain,shifter,mech,seat and dropper.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hope HB160 Launched

I do like the look of this.

A lot!

Now, seeing as 1x is the new black, there’s no need to make a front mech. Surely that makes it easier for Hope to finally make that rear mech that’s been kicking around for a while…..

LeeW

Pretty sure the video was all made in the UK Rorscharch. 😉

superstu
    Free Member

Fair play to them and hope (no pun intended) that they do ok.

I think it’s a lot of money but appreciate that isn’t unique to hope.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pretty sure the video was all made in the UK Rorscharch

Filmed in Serre Chevalier.Ha!

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Mmmmmm, that’s very nice.

But what colour for the anodising? Decisions, decisions

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

It’s really nice but I’d feel like a right t!t riding it

Poopscoop

I’m not a Hope fanboy,I pick and choose their stuff, or not, depending on merit.

That said a classy, classy looking bike!

I wish them good luck with the venture.

Why wouldn’t I/anyone?! 😀

LeeW

Filmed in Serre Chevalier.Ha!

Touchè, we could argue the semantics of ‘made’ and ‘Filmed’ but I’m tired. 🙂

Edited, for CFH. Apologies for having fat thumbs.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It might not have any standard parts on that back end but you know it will be supported for as long as they’re in business.

Love the fact that there’s no alignment adjustment on the rear caliper.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Touchè

If you’re going to use an accent, at least try and make it the right one!

Touché is what you meant!

Also, big up da Serre Che massif, innit! 😀

blooddonor
    Free Member

A £400 pair of wheels on a £7500 bike, I’m out!!!

edd

Reach is pretty short on the medium size, I imagine they’ll be working on longer, lower, slacker moulds in due course. Otherwise it looks great, I don’t have a problem buying a complete bike that, effectively, has bespoke parts. I hope (pun intended!) that they sell enough to continue with the bikemaking enterprise.

trail_rat
    Free Member

A bike built in the UK for a Californian market ?

Where’s the mud clearance in that back end ?

rickmeister

The marketing department will need to work on this one ….

Main HB.160 designer Guillaume (left) and Doddy explaining the benefits of not using any conventional standards for the new bike.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not far from the prototyes that have been kicking around

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

They have been riding that bike about for the last couple of years or so!

At least it’s been tested well

mahalo

yeah im not so convinced either. have seen a few of them around over the last 12 months or so but its aesthetics (apart from the finish) have never blown me away. its just looks like it should’ve been released 2 years ago? for £7.5k you’d at least want some fancy carbon hoops, a boost backend and a bottle cage…

Klunk
    Free Member

but you get to choose your anodising colour on Hope finishing kit.

all those bloody nooks a crannies to clean, do they do a frame only option ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Its only the front tri thays carbon, apparently to keep costs down…. 😆

northerntom
    Free Member

reminds me of my old Nukeproof mega, just with the top of the shock on the downtube instead.

I don’t think it’s bad value for those that like this kind of thing, certainly a similar price to any top spec other brand bike.

However, it’s not where I’d put £7.5k if I had to spend it on a bike.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It looks nice, but like most things Hope, it’s about 2 years behind the curve.

I’m sure they will sell well though 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s bad value for those that like this kind of thing, certainly a similar price to any top spec other brand bike

For 7500 I would be looking for higher spec wheels, but I suppose they have to ‘keep costs down’.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing the 29er version soon.

chiefgrooveguru

I think it’s brilliant they’ve managed to do this. Who else is managing to make a carbon frame without cheap eastern labour? The list is very short… And I think the rear hub solution is a great one, seems a better standard for the real world.

monkeyboyjc

Its great that they have done it, but would I buy one at 7.5k? No…
    IMO there are other nicer ‘full’ custom (UK if you want it) options out there with a more modern approach (robot bike co), which you could kit out with hope part as for less money.
    Although I like idea of the ‘non standard’ standards that they are using on the back end, having never had an issue with my 197mm Fat bike chain stay width hitting trees etc its a bit of a unnecessary design (again. IMO).

As most much of the kit is in-house and the wheels are 400 (at retail) i would love to find out how much a frame only option would be….. 6.5k+?

tomhoward

TBH £7,500 is much less than I feared it might cost, I was bracing for 5 figures…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The 5 figures top end bikes have wheels that if on this bike would push it to that price too.

spawnofyorkshire

Why would hope spec someone else’s wheels for their bike though?

I like it, I’d have one with Orange bits on it

mindmap3
    Free Member

I like it. The finish in the flesh is amazing.

I think it’s not too bad value wise given that it’s produced in the U.K. in small quantities. Only shame for me is swapping the Ohlins for Fox.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Why would hope spec someone else’s wheels for their bike though?

I never said they should, but you’re then comparing Apple’s with oranges with the 10k bike comparison.

Frinstance, intense trader at 10k cones with enve rims at a grand a pop, before you factor in hubs.

So to say it’s not a 10k bike is not a straightforward as it looks.

Fwiw, I’d never spend that on wheels anyway, but folk shopping on bikes at this price do.

Just sayin.

stevextc
    Free Member

I watched the vid late last night ….but what do people mean by non-standard parts ?
    My understanding when sleepy was this is actually one of the few bike still using standard parts as SRAM push boost ???

(This being a perspective that Boost isn’t a standard 😀 as most bikes being ridden as opposed to bought are not boost)

To be fair I’d be pretty scared using the bike for its intended purpose… unless they are offering crash damage replacement

tomhoward

130mm x 17mm rear axle…

bedmaker

Bizarre rear end…

A few mm extra clearance each side but rules out nice big tyre choices and mud room.
    If it is such a concern, why not bin the dangler and go pinion?

At the price, it looks doomed to fail. Shame, as it looks nice overall.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So many folk moan about ‘standards’ but it’s great if good old British company do it! :mrgreen:

Rorschach
    Free Member

They are’nt trying to introduce new industry standards.

spawnofyorkshire

At the price, it looks doomed to fail. Shame, as it looks nice overall.

They’re only going to be making 10 a week so it doesn’t need to many orders to meet demand, especially when they get through the initial UK orders and then open it up to europe and the US.

They’re making it to order so risk is much lower and once the moulds on the frames have paid themselves back it’s just a case of running the programme on the CNC machines and laying up the carbon for the frames.

It’s quite clever how they’ve done this, it may or may not be a high profit product for them, but it’s a good advert for what they can do

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

FWIW, I think it’s a lovely looking bike, and hope have been doing proper testing for a couple if years now, so shouldn’t really be many issues with it, I’d live a shot.

It’s good to see a UK company doing this, I really hope it is a roaring success.

But it is expensive, no getting away from that, at least it’ll mean SC, Yeti and intense won’t be held up the dearest bikes now!.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reminds me of what Pace did when they started out. No compromise, just making what they believed to be the best bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘New Hope mtb’ is closed to new replies.