Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New helmet time – 7idp M2 – any experience?
  • DickBarton

Think I’m needing anew helmet and like the look and price of the 7idp M2 helmet.

I’m 58cm and that puts me in the middle sized helmet, however, no idea how it fits.

Anyone got.one and describe their head and how the helmet fits?

I’ve tried the Endura Humvee – large fits front-to-back but is too wide at the sides (large gap between side of head and helmet and it wobbles)…so I’m hoping the M2 isnt as wide at the sides, but before I order, anyone got one and confirm the head shape that works for it?

Got Christmas coming up and I should be buying presents for others so looking for a cheap price on a helmet and this seems decent at £42.

Thanks.

matt_outandabout

I had one before denting it on a tree.

It’s good – comfy enough, good coverage.
    I found the straps weren’t adjustable enough, it always sat wonky.

Good, not great though.

mboy
    Free Member

Pretty decent lid, fit is a little narrower than a Giro or the like, but not as narrow as my preferred Smith, Uvex or MET lids I’ve had in the past (I have a VERY narrow, but long head shape).

Suspect you’d be fine with the medium, they are reasonably generously sized without being too big.

DickBarton

Thanks

desperatebicycle

HAve you looked at the bikester 60% off sale ? Loads of helmets on there inc Leatt, Poc, 7idp etc

zerocool

Pretty sure that’s what I have. I have the biggest size and it fits my massive (62cm) head (unlike most helmet brands), unsure what shape my head is but unlike most I actually have to tighten the adjuster.

Sorry if that’s not much help. I think my head might be quite round, but as there seems to be very few helmets that I can wear I’ve not really thought about it much (I just try every helmet I can and keep my fingers crossed that a cheaper one that doesn’t look too stupid fits).

DickBarton

Ordered on Saturday night and Wiggle (or Yodel) have just delivered it – that is with picking the free delivery so was meant to be arriving on Friday this week!

Fits very well, so for my 58cm head, the Medium is an ideal fit – lighter than the Lazer helmet it is replacing and feels comfier on my head.

So anyone with a longer front-to-rear head than side-to-side with a 58cm head…the 7iDP medium seems to fit well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.