New helmet: Any chois=ces other than Spec Tactic?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • New helmet: Any chois=ces other than Spec Tactic?
  • willard

This seems to be the go-to choice for the £50 quid price point, but are there any other choices to consider for an MTB specific lid that have got good protection and are well ventilated?

rocketman

This seems to be the go-to choice for the £50 quid price point

Is it?

Bell Stoker
    Giro Feature/Xar
    Urge somethingorother
    661 Recon
    7 iDP M2 aka Fly Racing Freestone
    Oneal Defender
    maybe a NOS Met Parabellum

willard

Well, that’s me lost to the world then. Choice. Dammit.

7IDP one looks particularly good value to me

cokie

I’m in the same position as you and with a similar budget.
    I really like the look of the 7 iDP M2.
    What really annoys me about helmets is that they rarely show them on a person! Some can look very odd but you wouldn’t know until you’ve bought it and tried it on 😡

willard

Hmmmm yes, it does look nice. Looks like it has a bit more protection round the back and sides than the Tactic as well.

CRC may get some money…

cokie

That Bern looks warm! Looks similar to a Kayak lid too.

cokie

Cheers George. That looks nice! Lots of protection down the back of the head and they come in ENDURO colours. I think I’ll buy one.

zelak999

That 7IDP helmet looks pretty awesome, especially for the price.

Reluctant

The Bern Morrison reminds me of a woodlouse 🙂

Premier Icon johnnystorm
    Subscriber

The pads on my Tactic 2 don’t last five minutes before they split and leave a plastic doofer rubbing on your forehead. £10 a time to replace as well.

Premier Icon robowns
    Subscriber

I tried the 7IDP helmet on, medium was huge, which is my normal size in all other lids.

tom199

I’ve had my eye on the 7IDP m2 for a while but struggling to find anywhere that i can try one on. Any of the big chains sell them or anywhere down South?

Premier Icon mcnultycop
    Subscriber

Buy from crc. Send back if it doesn’t fit.

cokie

Just bought three (for the family 😉 ). All within budget-ish:
    – 7IDP m2
    – TLD A1 Drone Red (down to £70)
    – Mavic Notch

I’ll report back on how they are. It’ll be interesting comparing the A1 to the M2.

Premier Icon puffballs
    Subscriber

I’m new to the forum (lurking for years though).
    I bought one of the 7IDP M2 helmets in that dayglo orange colour last week, it’s very comfy, and you’ll be easily spotted on google earth should you go missing wearing it.

Premier Icon cynic-al
    Subscriber

Whatever fits (TM)

Premier Icon mtbfix
    Subscriber

Bought a Bontrager Lithos from Pedal On last week. 30% off so a whisker under £50. It did that wonderful thing of feeling like it wasn’t there when I rode in it.

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy
    Subscriber

Damn STW threads, I now have a 7IDP M2 on the way myself, ended up going for grey but hoping the blue straps don’t look as naff as they do in the pics. I would have gone for black but previous experience of white straps on an MTB helmet is they look grim after a while (and are impossible to get white again)…

Premier Icon mcnultycop
    Subscriber

Thanks for the heads up on the 7IDP M2, bought one and it is superb. Much better than my Urge Enduromatic in terms of fit and adjustment, so I have demoted that one to night duties.

The orange is very, very orange. Very orange.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘New helmet: Any chois=ces other than Spec Tactic?’ is closed to new replies.