Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Heckler build ….
  • fotorat
    Free Member

Im sooo excited……

Just finished building up Kingroons Heckler – not exactly retro – but if you look closely you will see a hark back to my retro roots.

Merlin were knocking out XT chainsets with 48/36/26 – and with the X9 f-mech it just fitted – you wouldn’t get a feeler gauge in there though!

So now whos going to be the downhill daddy using 48/11 to crank it up!

still to do – decide on steerer chop – decide on stem length – shorten hoses and gear cable outers!

shinsplints

Like it.Looks like a good contender for a “do it all” bike.Have fun.
    My OCD would drive me nuts with the non matching tyres & stem/seatpost though !

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

bring back 64t downhill bikes 🙂

who cares if it effectively becomes a 3rd wheel?
    you never actualy stretch a chain far enough to need to replace it!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    racing_ralph
    Free Member

no likey the silver seat post

Drac

Like the way it blends in with the shed, camouflaged from potential thieves.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i assume there’s a frame in those photos, but all i can see are pictures of all the components with a frame-sized void in the middle… 🙂

fotorat
    Free Member

PSA: Revelations 426 120/140 need to be pumped up firstly in the top valve and secondly in the lower valve – I did it arse about face and got stuck on 120mm. as soon as I deflated the lower valve the forks popped up to reveal 150mm of stanchion!

12 miles Health and ride complete: I rather like the high stem position, but it might be unwieghting the front end a bit too much.

Racing_ralph – I agree – its a 30.9 410 – planning to flea bay it or swap it for a black one. the PG970 is coming off tomorrow – XT going on.

Ive also ordered the “dark Orange” nisene scuff set, purely for poseability factor.

out and about this pm:

was planning a trip into the downs on it tonight – dont quite have the miles in my legs at the moment though!

fotorat
    Free Member

shinsplints – Member

Like it.Looks like a good contender for a “do it all” bike.Have fun.
    My OCD would drive me nuts with the non matching tyres & stem/seatpost though !

each to thier own – this project only started as I had the following spares:

Crosstrails
    bonty stem
    Hope minis
    Xtr R-Mech

And besides it by no means finished – if I like the bonty stem angle and length I will get the matching WCS wet look one.

my problem now is that I have the following spares:

Pair of redmetal 3’s
    couple of XT shadows
    couple of XTR F-mechs
    Pair of Manitou Black elites spv 90/100/120
    few stems and bars
    – so I’m after a black Superlight to do a nice Red/Black build….

The other day my missus said – “I dont think you can get more than 9 bikes your shed” to which I replied – “hmm sounds like a challenge!” that’ll teach her to poke her nose in…..

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oooooh, purest orange. Looks good :>)

james
    Free Member

All you need now is some wide(r) bars and a 36T bashring ..

If it helps you descend more stuff with the seat at pedalling height you may as well keep the high bars, or at least keep them as high as the saddle
    Wide(r) bars would put more wieght onto the front too if you are worried about not having enough weight on the front wheel

theflatboy
    Free Member

it looks a lot better without the crud guard

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Heckler build ….’ is closed to new replies.