Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New head for track pump
  • paulwf

The head on my trusty bell track pump has broken, so I need a new head for it.

Any suggestions of a new head that I could buy or suggestions of a new well constructed pump though?

paulwf

Oh and it needs to be able to do both types of valves

mttm
    Free Member

Had this problem on Friday – bought a BBB one for £6 from LBS. Used in anger and it does what it should. Can be used on all types of valves.

This one:

http://bbbcycling.com/accessories/pumps/BFP-92

paulwf

So that one worked really well for a couple of months, but now it won’t work on shrader valves any more – the rubber has become distorted preventing pushing it on

Any other suggestions – preferably for a dual valve head?

mudsoul
    Free Member

I have the Topeak Presta Chuck on mine. Comes with a Schrader adapter which is a bit of a faff every time you want to inflate a schrader valve tube/tyre, but seems well made and about £8 on Amazon.

Sandwich

Topeak smarthead, no adaptor or messing with changing the seals around to switch from presta to schraeder.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Some Halfords [and no-doubt bike shops] carry a Topeak spares box. If you take your pump in you may find a rubber seal that fits.

martinhutch

I had this problem when a bit fell out of my airwave pump a couple of weeks ago. Bought an SKS head from CRC for about £8, seems to work fine, better than the airwave one, which was a faff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New head for track pump’ is closed to new replies.