Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New HB.130
  • teethgrinder

New HB.130 details just been released by Hope, including a Factory Racing replica and a Mullet conversion kit. Nothing about an updated 160 sadly – guess 29″ is the way things are going now.

Seems like a 148x12mm back end now as well. Shame, as the 130x17mm is rather good I think.

https://www.hopetechhb.com/

with added ASMR-esque build video

P-Jay
    Free Member

That does look lovely, I’m sure it will be beautifully made with lots of lovely details (and the odd unique standard here and there) also it will cost a fortune and very few people will buy one.

v7fmp

I wonder if there is the choice to change colour on the FR model, as its painted in house, you could do away with the iconic/horrible green… maybe?

teethgrinder

Shit the bed!!! A Hope dropper lever incoming? 23:50 in the vid

mutepoint
    Free Member

Shit the bed !!!

All of that vid is screaming yummy

ogden
    Free Member

People lap up those dream build videos and I don’t get it! Its a posh lad who’s made the same video about 50 times. Give it a few weeks and you see his brother shifting half the parts on facebook as well.

Lovely bike though.

greeny30
    Free Member

Not loving the paint job, stealth decals version is much nicer to look at.
    Wonder if they’ve ever been tempted to do a colour anodised rear end as a one off special build.

Trimix
    Free Member

Its great that a business is making something different, Id happily pay extra for that. Part of enjoying a bike is looking at it, or enjoying the fact that everyone else is looking at it and asking for a go on it.

Jordan

ogden

People lap up those dream build videos and I don’t get it! Its a posh lad who’s made the same video about 50 times. Give it a few weeks and you see his brother shifting half the parts on facebook as well.

Lovely bike though.

Er..thats a Hope factory build of the new model with Doddy(one of the Hope guys) doing the build and a very talented lad doing the paint job.

edd

Interesting that they’ve discontinued the HB.160. Not really a surprise, it had very conservative geometry when it was released and is now three years old (making the geometry look even more dated). I imagine they sold very few compared to the HB.130. Will be curious to see if they replace the HB.160 and if they do how aggressive they will be with the geometry.

ogden
    Free Member

Er..thats a Hope factory build of the new model with Doddy(one of the Hope guys) doing the build and a very talented lad doing the paint job.

I did watch the video and I am aware who Doddy is, I’ve met him before.

You missed my point. I’m on about the structure of all these Gee Milner Videos, they are exactly the same. Rinse and Repeat.

abingham

Yet I still watch all of them…

I’m a sucker for anything Hope does, so if I was about to drop £7.5k on a new trail bike, that Factory Racing spec biek would be well up the list.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I had heard geo changes coming. Hoped for 140mm rear link to push mine down the even more agro route but got mullet conversion instead 🙁 which might not be retro fitable.

The old back end is better, having ridden lots of boost 29ers where you clip your heels on the chainstays…..

It is a beautiful thing to look at though:)

View this post on Instagram

#hopetech #hb130 Good to have it back!

A post shared by Steven Murray (@steve_muzzy) on

sharkattack

I liked the proprietary rear end. It was an example of how the rear end of all MTB’s could look if there was any logic or coherence in the industry. It’s a shame they’ve changed it to match the too-wide-but-no-better, committee designed, boost nonsense.

But if someone spends 7 grand on a bike and pringles their rear wheel in Finale they probably just want to pop into a shop and buy something off the shelf.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

As for the rear wheel, its just the hub that is different with different spoke lengths. Rim is a rim so it should be rebuildable!

teethgrinder

I reckon the link would fit the mk1. The distance between the seat stay ends shouldn’t change because of the boost axle.

18bikes

The link does fit HB130 with the 17×130 rear end, yup!

jam-bo

I saw their post on Instagram, suprised me that apparently they’d sold 250 of them.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New HB.130’ is closed to new replies.