Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • New hardtail frame. Any good deals about?
  • chestrockwell

Hi all. After selling my old hardtail due to lack of use I obviously now want another! I’m thinking of buying a new but discounted frame then building up over the next few months using parts I have and the classifieds.

So far in the line of sight are the Orange Crush and P7. 2018 Crush in XL can be had for £350, 2018 or 19 P7 in large for £340. I really want a XL but could be swayed to large if the geometry is right. It will be a second bike for messing about on so probably looking 650b rather than 29″.

I have had a brief look for Cotic, Pace, Ragley, etc but has any one seen any killer deals about? I don’t really want to go second hand as sellers seem to want new prices for them which is daft. TIA.

tdog
    Free Member

2nd hand Pipe dream Moxie if you find a good deal on one

steve_b77
    Free Member

What about a Big Dog, I’m impressed with mine

ajantom

DMR were selling the updated Trailstar frame for £320.

chestrockwell

Thanks all. My mate likes On-One but I’ve never really been a fan but the Big Dog looks good value if I go 29″.
    DMR is interesting although non-boost which wouldn’t be a problem except for the fact I just accidentally won a boost wheel set on ebay!

widge34
    Free Member

Nukeproof scout frames for £400 at crc

fudge9202
    Free Member

What about the new Ragley frame offerings

razorrazoo

Some Bird Zero TR frames reduced to £300 on their website if the size and colour is right.

Looks like some XL in here

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of On One either, but I’d probably get the Big Dog if I wanted a hardtail right now.

Just sold my SolarisMax due to lack of use and replaced with a short-travel trail bike instead though.

bigyim
    Free Member

I’ve got a 3 ride old cotic bfe longshot if you want to workout a deal on it. As long as I don’t have to use eBay I’m happy!

funkmasterp

Onza are selling off the Jackpot and Payoff pretty cheap.

chestrockwell

Ta again….

Nukeproof looks decent but without discount I’d go Orange.

Onza is interesting but the geometry seems a bit conservative?

Big Dog is still 29″ and not going that way atm.

Bird looks decent but again the geometry looks a little off?

Cotic….. Tell me more!

TheGhost
    Free Member

I have an XL Pace RC627 in grey you can have for £350 posted.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why weren’t you using the old hardtail?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Personally I’d probably buy my complete XL Spesh Fuse for £950, hardly used since bought new 6 months ago and get out riding a bit sooner…!

chestrockwell

Why weren’t you using the old hardtail?

Two young kids and mates that lost interest. Got a old car and thought that would take up my time too.

Youngest has just got 30 hours at nursery a week so I have some time to myself again. The old car plan was a good one but a killer deal on a new electric car has put paid to that so need another excuse to disappear in to the garage!

plus-one

Sonder transmitter is a great riding frame £300

chestrockwell

Hmmmm, much like the Crush I’m looking at….

razorrazoo

I though the Bird geo was intended to be LLS so bang on trend.

Never ridden one myself so can’t comment personally.

chestrockwell

Think the new ones are but the TR on offer is a older design and things have moved on.

Del

Airdrop still have some bitmap frames in your size. No connection btw – I just think they look fab.

chestrockwell

Yep, the Airdrop looks interesting. Thanks for that!

widge34
    Free Member

The Nukeproof scout gets great reviews and was only beaten by the Whyte 905 for best Hardtail.
    Can’t buy Whyte frames new though.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Pinnacle Iroko is 120 at Evans (with decent FSA included). I’m building one now with some old bits. Looks like a good frame. Room for 2.6″ tyres so lots of clearance for mud. i’m ignoring current trends and still running narrow mud tyres for the South Downs slop.

vmgscot

I would reconsider 29″ if you are looking at larger frame sizes – I’m really liking my £175 worth of Big Dog. My first 29r but was surprised how quickly (less than 1 ride) that I felt comfortable on it.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I know they’re not on offer but I love my Bird Zero 29. I used to be an On-One fan and that was my budget so I had to push the boat out a bit for the Bird but they were really helpful and the bike is an absolute blast. They are definitely worth a test ride if you can.

chestrockwell

I’m not totally discounting 29″ but my main bike is a Orange Segment so like to have different choices and my old P7 650b was loads of fun.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘New hardtail frame. Any good deals about?’ is closed to new replies.