Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New handlebar recommendations please
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Endurrrooooo type. 35mm clamp. I have some 7 year old race face Chester bars at the mo, 400gm of stiffness.

Have been looking at burgtec alloy or one up carbon perhaps. 100 quid ish budget. Ta!

davros

These might be worth a try at the price. A few people on here bought some but not heard any feedback on them. The shape does look similar to the oneup. https://www.merlincycles.com/cannondale-hollowgram-save-carbon-riser-handlebars-281947.html

Horizon v2 alloy are a nice shape and compliant enough and also designed not to reduce reach with the backsweep.

Also have the oneup which looks very nice but not the revelation I was expecting from the reviews. Still noticeably more compliant than my tag metals T1 carbon which is quite stiff.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ta! I’m not overly convinced by the one up bars… The ubiquity of them puts me off!

bgreenback
    Free Member

I would recommend renthal alloy bars, specifically the Fatbar riser V2. I’ve had these on numerous bikes over the years, from DH bikes to hardtails. You can’t go wrong with Renthal

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Should have mentioned, don’t want renthal 🙂

donslow

I have a mix of the Burgtec and Gusset S2 bars on my bikes, both 35mm clamp

I like the slightly bigger back sweep on them both (9 and 8 degrees respectively) as it helps my mangled wrists

I’d say I’m happy with both / either

CheesybeanZ

I went from the standard ally bars on my KSL too the OneUp components bars – night and day difference in hand and arm pain .

poah
    Free Member

one up are my favorite bars.

funkmasterp

Spank vibrocore in DH flavour (Spike?)

bruneep

one up, popular for a reason…….they are good.

bikerevivesheffield

Burgtec ride high

fazzini

Spank vibrocore

I’ve got a set of these on my bike and they seem perfect for me

kiwijohn

+1 for Burgtec Ride High.
    Also didn’t like Renthals.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Nukeproof horizon V2 alloy 38mm rise are spot on imho, currently not on offer unfortunately so it’s RRP, I usually pick them up at £40 in the sale, they tick all the boxes for me, good rise options, weight, looks, compliance, sweep degrees, decent sweep with a design that doesn’t eat into reach as already mentioned makes them my fave bar along with their horizon stem.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.