Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New glove to replace a much loved pair…. please advise….
  • jock-muttley
    Free Member

…..and be gentle as i’m still in mourning 😥

These are my beloved Fox Racing Sierras…

But they are on their last legs (or should that be fingers) after years of abuse *bursts into tears at the memories*

So I need a replacement pair… basically as similar to these as poss, I love the chrome leather knuckle plates, the index finger and thumb snot wipes and the suede palms (at least I think they are suede). Warm enough in winter and cool enough in summer (though they could be clasified as a sentient lifeform if they went too long between washes 😛 )

My gorgeous girlfriend is stumping up the dosh as my birthday pressie… budget is about £30 😉

My riding is AM/GE so I need a glove with some protection but thats not to heavy for climbing, doesn’t need to be the latest must have older models are fine..

Advice please..

kiwijohn

I would used to say Troy Lee Grand Prixs, but I got some Oakley Factory Pilots 18 months ago & they have been indestructible.

carlosg
    Free Member

I would used to say Troy Lee Grand Prixs, but I got some Oakley Factory Pilots 18 months ago & they have been indestructible.

And they’re only £23 on CRC at the moment , I quite like a pair of Specialized gloves I have too (but can’t remember what they’re called)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve always got on well with Troy Lee gloves and they seem to last for ages. My TLD XC gloves had to finally be binned this year…I bought them in 2005! The only reason I got shot was because the Velcro cuffs wouldn’t do up properly an more. My TLD air gloves have lasted well too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

POW Shockers.

😉

trailhound
    Free Member

Absolutely love my 2010 661 Raji’s – gotta stash of 3 pairs in the bottom of my draw – aiming for a pair a year! Didnt like the later versions but sure they’re just as good.

superfurryhead
    Free Member

Sombrio Cartel £12 reduced from £30 in CRC, plenty of protection lightwieght and cosy

tomhoward

Tory lee xc every time for me, got 3 pairs 😳

brakes
    Free Member

Troy Lee XC – awesome gloves
    They even come suitably pink and suitably limp wristed for you

chvck
    Free Member

As much as I love Sombrio gear I don’t rate their gloves. I’m current using some Answer ones that are comfy but not had them long so can’t comment on how they last. I have friends with the Troy Lee XC gloves and they seem to last for years and years.

tomhoward

My pink ones match my purple and pink helmet. Really.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Could be yours for £20 posted.

XL – but more like L

Email in profile.

Alan.

matther01
    Free Member

Troy Lee Air gloves for me…at least for summer. Best fitting, durable and comfy gloves I’ve ever owned…and I’ve gone through loads!

IMO Rajis are thinner than loo roll and less durable.

jock-muttley
    Free Member

Could be yours for £20 posted.

XL – but more like L

Alan.. nice thought but I have tiny hands… like Small & XS

whattyre
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 faves…my pocs which are a bit warm for summer and I’ve used the dh giros for years..they’re really comfy and soft but also grippy

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have a 3 pairs of the same altura ones, fond what you like and buy a few pairs. It’s always nice to have dry clean gloves

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New glove to replace a much loved pair…. please advise….’ is closed to new replies.