Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Gisburn Singletrack
  • acidchunks

Does anyone know when it’ll be opening?

http://www.pmba.org.uk/gisburn.htm

Trail Closures

The new sections of trail around Cocklett Hill car park are still not open, for good reason. The new section the volunteers have been working on is also not officially open.

PLEASE DO NOT RIDE THESE NEW PIECES OF TRAIL, YOU’LL ONLY DELAY THE OFFICIAL OPENING DATES AS THESE TRAILS SECTIONS NEED TIME TO BED IN BEFORE THEY GET HAMMERED.

Cheers.

martinhutch

From the volunteers’ facebook page:

“End of Feb early March is what we’re looking at. The weather isn’t being very helpful! There’ll be lots of announcements when they’re ready for opening..”

stumpyjon

As soon as we get the missing bridge built. The whole openning, car park in partcular has been massively delayed by the weather. We were hoping the trails would be open by Christmas (the new volunteer built section, Swoopy was opened, finished and signed up on the 323rd of Dec).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crispo
    Free Member

We rode ‘swoopy’ on our Christmas eve morning bike ride and I must say its a cracking bit of trail.

The black bit at the end keeps you on your toes too which is great. One of our guys ended up in the stream at one point too which was very funny!

Can you remind me when the dig days are, I must come along and help at some point!

Stevo210
    Free Member

We rode it on the 28th….I rode straight past the little red arrow, my mate who’d never been before said “we should have turned left”….so we did.
    WOW what a fantastic little section, some real thought and effort has gone in to that. We came away thinking that that was one if not the best little section there. Well done and keep up the good work.

ps. thank goodness for the berm at the bottom of that cheeky black drop, thought I was a gonna when I compressed in the bottom 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Can you remind me when the dig days are, I must come along and help at some point!

2nd Sunday of the month and adhock occasional other days. North England Volunteer Trail Building days are:

1st Sunday – Stainburn Forest, Nr Otley, North Yorks
    2nd Sunday – Gisburn Forest, nr Tosside, Lancs
    3rd Sunday – Dalby Forest, nr Pickering, North Yorks
    Last Sunday – St Ives Estate, nr Bingley, West Yorks

acidchunks

Cheers folks. had a belting ride yesterday.

hully gully is looking a bit worse for wear though, was kinda surprised it was still open. Will def be volunteering on a dig day or two once I’ve got my own transport sorted.

tony_m
    Free Member

Repairs to Hully Gully are scheduled for next weekend…

Sunday 13th January 2013

stumpyjon

We tweaked bits yesterday, reinforced the bit people kept riding off into the stream (yes we know it was funny but the trail was getting narrower every time) and extended the rock garden on the second small rocky drop to stop the braking damage and add a little more interest.

As Tony said next Sunday is repairs to the bottom of Hully Gully. If anyone’s interested drop me an email and I’ll add you go the mailing list. Once that’s done we’re going top some time into repairs / upgrades on parts of Homebaked.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Gisburn Singletrack’ is closed to new replies.