Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • New Genesis Bikes
  • matt_outandabout

Consider the fact that you’ll likely be able to pick up the previous years model of the Genesis slightly cheaper too.

Good luck with that….!

funkmasterp

Look at Winstanley bikes or Freewheel and feel a bit silly 😉

stanfree
    Free Member

They really have switched over to road / gravel . To be fair their core mtb’s were fine but grapil full sussers used to be prone to cracking. Also remember they did a decent fatbike.

The fugio looks a stunner but cant see where the price tag comes from . seems wildly over priced. ?

matt_outandabout

Look at Winstanley bikes or Freewheel and feel a bit silly

You mean all the out of stock or small sized few bikes left…?

cromolyolly
    Free Member

You mean all the out of stock or small sized few bikes left

Short arses gotta ride too. Plus smalls are usually rarer than hens teeth in the end of year sales/2nd hand market. (I’ve been vaguely scouting around for a bargain Cdf frame in small for a while)

I used to think of Genesis as good value for money. Looking at the winstanleys site, the Kona Rove Al and Marin Nicasio seem like much better vfm.

matt_outandabout

Fair play.

If you want vfm, look at Merlin Cycles.
    Gravel/do it all bike, 2x tiagra, carbon fork, Shimano wheels, £775…

https://www.merlincycles.com/merlin-malt-g2p-tiagra-gravel-bike-2021-197427.html

funkmasterp

You mean all the out of stock or small sized few bikes left…?

Nope, the medium sized Fugio 30 for £1999.99. The size that fits an average sized bloke like a glove. In fact I’ve just bought one as the sale price seems more in line with what I’m willing to pay.

Also Freewheel has unused sample bikes in larger sizes for good prices (£400 to £500 off) too.

tthew

What have they done to the Flyer? They’ve turned it from a nice, simple fixed winter road bike into a cheap looking single speed gravel/bikepacking mash up, which is also what the DayOne appears to be for.

New Flyer.

For me, (only me, appreciate I might be in a really small minority) they’ve really lost their direction. A few years ago I could have gone full Genesis, now there’s nothing in the range I’d buy. Shame.

edit – actually not quite true, the Brixton’s quite nice but I’m not after buying that kind of bike.

sillyoldman

Day One has internal gear hub. Otherwise similar to Flyer.

tthew

Day One has internal gear hub. Otherwise similar to Flyer.

Ah yes, hadn’t noticed that. The DayOne used to follow the 10, 20, 30 model progression, so the DayOne now becomes the Flyer 20. 😁

mrb123
    Free Member

Have they stopped selling carbon road bikes altogether?

No sign of the Zero and Datum on the website any more…

simondbarnes

Have they stopped selling carbon road bikes altogether?

Yep.

p7eaven
    Free Member

I really like the new Flyer. Didn’t dislike the old one but the rim brakes thing I can just about tolerate on retro and vintage bikes 😉

lawman91

Datum was a great bike, I really liked mine, but it was a little too early to the game; tyre clearance was pretty slim on bigger tyres, 38mm was probably the max, otherwise I may have kept it and ridden it more. I liked the Mantle too and very nearly got one instead of my Soul.

They just seem to be pricing themselves out of the market though, Croix de Fer and Fugio 853 frames and forks are over £1k now, that’s Fairlight/Mason kinda money. I like the look of the new CdF 50 but it’s just crazy expensive.

No sign of 2021 Saracen bikes yet either, despite the Genesis/Ridgeback brands launching their new bikes. Perhaps another year on the WC DH circuit and then they’ll fold the brand up?

iainc

I bought a 2020 Fugio 30 in the summer, the one with the lovely orange paintjob – lovely bike, pricey, but some LBS discount helped. I also have a 2019 Vagabond – I reckon the 2x Deore setup was way better for bikepacking (my primary intended use of it) than the new 1x version.

I am however now selling my 2015 Croix De Fer 30 as there is too much overlap with the Fugio and Vagabond..

p7eaven
    Free Member

Wait, the new Flyer is aluminium.

And not even on the Genesis website.

Ok, not so likey anymore.

Mister-P
    Free Member

https://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/genesis-flyer-vargn21250

It’s on the Genesis website here. If you click BIKES it’s the first one that appears.

tthew

Oh yeah, I was trying to get to it by hovering over the ‘Bikes’ header and following the link from the pop-out. That link is broken.
    It’s not even an exciting colour.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Ah ha, that link is broken, I shall get that fixed. Well spotted.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘New Genesis Bikes’ is closed to new replies.