Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Gasket / Seal for my Stovetop Coffeemaker
  • Freester

My stovetop coffee maker has been leaking a bit around the join between the bottom and top bits when I fire it up recently. The rubber gasket / seal is on it’s last legs. It doesn’t owe me anything I bought this one in Italy in 1995 and it’s the original seal!

Sooooo. Rubber or silicone to replace? Any places to buy online other than the dreaded Amazon or eBay? Thanks!

cb200
    Free Member

Is it a known brand? My Bialetti one was a simple Google search away

Freester

I think it was a Bialetti but any markings on it are long gone.

cb200
    Free Member

I just had a look and I had to get the filter as well as the gasket. It was called a ‘washer and filter set

In my experience of these things, make sure the size is correct. A ‘Four Cup’ size sounds medium but is actually tiny. Mine is a ‘9 cup’

Freester

Yeh cheers. I had a look on the base I can just about see Bialetti etched in.

Pretty sure it was a ‘6 cup’. The Bialetti 6 cup replacement states a size of the gasket externally 72mm I had the old one out and it’s about that so I’ve taken a punt. The filter was a bit minging too so won’t hurt to replace that as well.

fossy

I got a pack of 6 silicone seals from Amazon – much better than the Bialetti rubber one. 9 cup pot here, which makes 2 mugs of americano.

impatientbull

The silicone seals last a lot longer than the rubber ones.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Gasket / Seal for my Stovetop Coffeemaker’ is closed to new replies.