New Full Face Options

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Full Face Options
  • skybluestu

Currently still recovering from concussion after an off at Gawton last week so am pretty convinced its time I binned my helmet that saved me!
    Helmet was a 661 comp from a few years back. What’s worth looking at as a replacement?
    Not a full time downhiller so only will be used around 10 times a year..budget won’t stretch over £150 at most. Ideally less.

crc had some good deals on 100% aircraft helmets

oldtalent

I like my kali avatar from edgeactionsports. It’s the v1 so a massive discount compared to new.
    Quality is way in excess of the 661.

eyestwice

Love my Bell Super 3R. Light, breezy and versatile.

skybluestu

Is the Bell Super 3 downhill safety certified with the chinbar on. Can’t help thinking that these type arnt going to off the same protection as a permanent full face?

Premier Icon stevied
    Subscriber

TLD D3/D2 on sale at CRC

mikey74

Bell Transfer 9: Best fitting helmet I’ve ever had, but you’l need to try one on, first; as with any FF.

submarined

Yup, I’ve got a Transfer 9 as well. But as always and above, try on loads.
    661 fitted OK but wasn’t that comfy, plus very little venting.
    TLD D2 and D3 were just an odd shape for me – the shell sat on my skull, really uncomfy.
    The Transfer fits like a glove, and although not exactly breezy, is surprisingly cool once you get on the move. Not expensive either.

Premier Icon teethgrinder
    Subscriber

Bounced the chinbar of a Super 2R off of a tree a couple of weeks ago. Was only low speed, but very happy I was wearing it.

eyestwice

Don’t think the 3R is certified. Also didn’t read your budget. My bad.

skybluestu

Pondering if MIPs is an essential over a decent d3 etc that exceeds standards anyway these days. 6 days of concussion makes me think I want the best possible protection for the next hit!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Full Face Options’ is closed to new replies.