Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Fuel or something else?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Had my 2018 Fuel EX8 for nearly 2 years so looking to replace. I do a mix of trails and XC so something that’s decent at both. I don’t do downhill racing, big drops or jumps.

So ideally something pretty quick which can cope in woodland trails.

New Trek EX8 is around £2200 and that’s my max budget.

What else would people consider that’s not a fully focused trail machine? Don’t mind going used.

johnw1984
    Free Member

What about the new Top Fuel? The new one has gone a lot more trail orientated and away from the racy older version.

https://www.blazingbikes.co.uk/index.php/trek-top-fuel-8-2020-mountain-bike.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA5o3vBRBUEiwA9PVzavc7MJCqc66LEneb83KeOgCsuJ-Iukrd7UWcmgnF7CLJCau3qQnsPRoCU7gQAvD_BwE

Little bit more expensive if you could stretch?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

You will need a hefty discount to get an EX8 for that price . FWIW I too have the 2017 EX8 and don’t really feel the need for 10mm more travel which you get on the 2020 version , in fact that’s why I chopped in my Remedy for the Fuel as I felt over biked with 150 mm travel . Lots of options out there , if you are not going to buy from one of the direct sales brands there is probably not much to beat the Trek , although the Cannondale Habit is a similar bike at a similar price and good reviews .

jayx2a
    Free Member

I think you might be right on the travel. My fuel is more than enough. I wish it was the next size up though. Been looking for a 2018 or 2019 EX8 in 19.5 but don’t see many for sale in good condition.

superstu
    Free Member

EDIT: good bike but not what you’re after

ampthill

I’m in the market for a a fuel ex replacement myself. Mine is very old

I can’t say I want a more capable bike so I’m not sure I want another fuel ex. The top fuel seems allot of money for a basic fork. £2600 for a Recon RL. I’m also not sold on nocbloc

I might have a bigger budget and go for a scott spark 940. I think on the bar travel adjustment might work for me.

Certainly interested to hear of suggestions.

Like the op I want versatile from local stuff which is but technical through to trail centre. Infact kind of hard tail terrain. But the cartlidge in my knee can’t take impacts coming up through the pedals

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Nukeproof Reactor?

JP

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

The canyon neurkn is a great value trail bike. Worth considering?

tails
    Free Member

Orbea make some well spec’d bikes. Pinkbike are about to do a review of “downcountry” bikes.

dreednya

Had good reviews and the travel you need
    Norco optic

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Fuel or something else?’ is closed to new replies.